Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #1

Power Problem

Couldn't get AC IN light to come on while on generator or on shore power on my 2010 390BH. Checked the inverter circuit breaker under the bed and it is tripped. Tried to reset it but it keeps immediately tripping again.

Anyone have this problem? I have suspected my house batteries we're getting weaker and about to die based on number of times I had to recharge while it is stored. if the batteries died, could that cause the CB to trip as a safety mechanism?

Planning on taking it to camping world tomorrow to get checked of and most likely replace the house batteries.
langeraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #2

Wow! Thats a variation on a theme that I had earlier this year. I had a thread where my problem was dead batteries and no "ac in" when I was plugged into shore power. I charged my batteries with an external charger to see if they held a charge, and they did. Under generator, everything charged perfectly. It turned out that the problem was with my 50amp shore power at the storage lot. Your problem seems to be the opposite or a faulty circuit breaker. Do you have the Magnum 1212 and gell batteries? The fact that the generator and shore power trip the breaker is an important clue. Several members with an electrical background, helped me troubleshoot my problem. Once I resolved the power issue, the Magnum functioned flawlessly and charged the batteries. Good luck
kingwood390bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #3

Most obvious problem either weak (defective) breaker or fault in converter. Easy troubleshoot, exchange breaker with another temporarily.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #4

Looks like the batteries were low/bad. The inverter overheated trying to charge the bad batteries and fried a couple of wires inside the inverter. That is what tripped the breaker. The tech was able to repair the wires and save the inverter, but I had to replace all four house batteries.

Thanks for the responses.

Steve
langeraf is offline   Reply With Quote