Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2018, 10:39 PM   #61

Our heat pump isn’t effective at all under 40 degrees as others have noted. The newer furnace in these units are designed to operate going down the road and after doing that in below freezing weather many times on different rv’s I’ve not found or heard of one that was designed to shut off when moving so I think something else is going on with yours. Also, I’d check those vents everywhere possible for narrowing or blockage on the flow path. I’ve heard of folks finding that more than once. It’s aggravating, but luck to you getting it dealt with!
Old 12-18-2018, 08:35 PM   #62

Received my panel back from Precision Circuits today. I will reinstall this weekend and post the outcome. I also asked them to replace the battery while they had it at the factory.
Pacific Northwest
Subsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:02 PM   #63

Bought our 2018 38A at Motorhomes2Go also. Great price. I just mentioned on another posting that Gene has to be one of the best chief mechanics in the retail business.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:02 PM   #64
Dragonship Captain

I can't speak for the Aquahot systems with floor heat as I don't know what those burners look like and whether they will run in motion.

My propane furnace will NOT run in motion and there is nothing wrong with it. SOME coaches they will run. It has IMO to do with placement of the intake/exhaust and the airflow on that model coach. It's not DESIGNED to shut off, it blows out and can't restart.

I've played with the idea of putting airflow modifiers in front of the intake/exhaust but even if I got it to work I'd be paying for a lot of propane.

So, that said, I am about to unveil a KILLER mod that will keep the back nice and toasty for about $300 up front and no running cost.

Stay tuned.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:34 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsailor View Post
You don’t need to have “authorization” or approval, but they do need to talk to you first to start a case file and give you a RMA number to include with your shipment. They have been very good to work with thus far and I know of 2 folks that already have their panels back with no issues. Mine should be back about Wednesday or so.
Despite some naysayers and worries about the panel getting lost, I sent mine in today after getting an RMA from Precision Circuits, Inc. (Owners of Precision Plex) Talked with Dan who told me how to remove mine (very easy) and then he transferred me to Molly to get my info and issue me an RMA. I thought about purchasing another panel as insurance, which someone on the forum suggested. Wow. Dan told me a new one is about $1,000! (Scratch the idea of a backup.) I sent mine UPS Ground as they recommended. I insured it for $500, bought the UPS box and a prepaid return label all for $62. Twice that price would be fine with me if it keeps my DW happy!
Old 02-19-2019, 05:09 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince and Charlette View Post
Despite some naysayers and worries about the panel getting lost, I sent mine in today after getting an RMA from Precision Circuits, Inc. (Owners of Precision Plex) Talked with Dan who told me how to remove mine (very easy) and then he transferred me to Molly to get my info and issue me an RMA. I thought about purchasing another panel as insurance, which someone on the forum suggested. Wow. Dan told me a new one is about $1,000! (Scratch the idea of a backup.) I sent mine UPS Ground as they recommended. I insured it for $500, bought the UPS box and a prepaid return label all for $62. Twice that price would be fine with me if it keeps my DW happy!
Happy to hear it worked out for you! Mine is also working fine and very happy with the upgrade. No issues with shipping either way for me.
Pacific Northwest
Subsailor is offline   Reply With Quote