Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2017, 03:29 PM   #1
2017 Berkshire XL 40B-380

Precision Touch Screen Control Panel

When i took our 2017 Berkshire XL out for the first time, the Percision touch screen locked up and we could not operate anything. I talked with Percision and they talked me through a reset and told me the panel needed to be replace. They said it was a known problem. They promptly sent me a new one which I replaced.
Next rip out, the touch screen constantly (about every 5 minutes) goes black, Looks at the GUI, reboots and we are back in business. No lock up this time but makes the misses and I wonder if and when it will lock us out. I called again, and we walked through troubleshooting steps. They did say the new board should of handled this problem. Percision had no immediate answer and can only offer me another board and they will analyze the returned one.
Is anyone else experiencing this? I will say Percision tech and customer service has been very nice and helpful in trying to resolve the issue.
I
Reeltachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:22 PM   #2
Dragonship Captain

I am NOT looking forward to having to deal with this. Yes, it's fancy when it works, but in some way it's another solution for a problem that didn't exist..... Makes me think hard about ever getting a new unit. Good luck.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:03 PM   #3

Ours worked fine up until this morning. The pairing to the I-phone was lost and cannot get it to re-pair.

Panel functions seem to be working fine.
Mmnsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:42 PM   #4

Thanks, that was another thing. We found out that this unit does not have the Bluetooth module. Forest River did not put them in all units for some reason that Percision did not know. I could buy one if I want to have remote/App access. They thought it was about $170!
Old 10-23-2017, 07:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeltachy View Post
Thanks, that was another thing. We found out that this unit does not have the Bluetooth module. Forest River did not put them in all units for some reason that Percision did not know. I could buy one if I want to have remote/App access. They thought it was about $170!

I find it hard to believe FR did not include the Bluetooth module. When we were investigating whether or not to upgrade to the XLT the management of FR promoted the ability to have the functions of the Precision Plex using the remote access APP.
I would check with Randy Houser or Andy Thompson as to the missing Bluetooth module.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:09 PM   #6

Precision Touch Screen Control Panel

Another one of those nice things that we are looking at and how easy to do things when it doesn’t work. Comment above is correct. Solution for a problem that didn’t really exist.

Inclusion is great if you want but everything should still be able to operate without.

We are looking to buy our retirement coach a few years early and stuff like this scares the heck out of me no matter who the manufacturer is.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:17 PM   #7

Im not sure who they are but I assume they are with FR. I will give them a call tomorrow. Thanks,
Old 10-23-2017, 10:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Im not sure who they are but I assume they are with FR. I will give them a call tomorrow. Thanks,

Randy is in charge of all Diesel Division Service and Andy is responsible for Diesel Div Parts. Good Luck they are both great guys and very helpful.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:27 PM   #9

Marty did they install them in 2017? I thought they started in 2018.
zuckerburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:30 PM   #10

Quote:

It is best to try email also.
Rhouser@forestriverinc.com
Athompson@forestriverinc.com
Email let’s them forward to the support people for faster response.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:53 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckerburg View Post
Marty did they install them in 2017? I thought they started in 2018.

Phil
Not sure exactly when they started but I know they were in the 2017 1/2 model year. Ours is a 2018 and yet they have since added the thermostat to the Precision Plex eliminating the Dometic thermostat since our unit was built. Typical FR they keep making changes throughout the model year.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:18 AM   #12

They make change week to week. Lol. Hope all is well we are in Nashville with Rick and Chris. Having a ball. Talk soon. Are you and Donna going to the Tampa Rally? I think I remember that you are. I think we will plan on it.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckerburg View Post
They make change week to week. Lol. Hope all is well we are in Nashville with Rick and Chris. Having a ball. Talk soon. Are you and Donna going to the Tampa Rally? I think I remember that you are. I think we will plan on it.

Phil
I assume you are talking about the rally in March at Lazy Days. To my knowledge the dates have not been posted yet, but we were planning to attend assuming it is the very end of March. Once posted, I will let you know for sure.
Are you guys planning on attending? I think Tom and Margaret are also planning on going.
Talk soon and enjoy Nashville.
Marty
Old 10-25-2017, 11:23 AM   #14

Im at this point planning on it. Depending on the dates. It would be great to have the 6 of us together again. It’s been to long.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:45 PM   #15
Dragonship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmnsc View Post
I find it hard to believe FR did not include the Bluetooth module.
Reminds me of the XM ready radio in my early 2017...... Ready to plug in the receiver and the antenna after you figure out you need them and buy them.