Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #21
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingwood390bh View Post
I bought my fitting from camping world and it seemed a perfect fit but the female end would not lock over the male. I pushed as hard as I could with no luck. Where did you buy yours?
Thanks Will
Don't know if this applies here, but in an earlier post I mentioned that that are high pressure and low pressure quick connects. They are different, one QC type doesn't mate to the other. I learned about this from the supplier I also mentioned.
+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Also, some brands of low pressure fittings won't work with others. I just switched them all out to the same brand, and now life is good! I also added a high pressure line directly off one of my tanks with a quick connect to connect a firepit or high pressure burner.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by marialee View Post
I investigated getting a quick connect for my Coleman Road Trip Grill. I went to a propane dealer and from what I gathered Coleman has a regulator built in to the attachment to the grill. The propane tank from the RV also has a regulator. Thus the gas is being regulated twice and there isn't enough pressure to give a good flame.
Your post reminded me of something I just learned from Coleman about their grills. I don't want to hijack this thread any further, so the info is located here:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post435807

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #24
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
Also, some brands of low pressure fittings won't work with others.
That can be true.

I was lucky, my new Couple-Safe low pressure quick-connects and hoses are working with my trailer's Gas-Flo low pressure quick-connects. They're also supposed to work with Hansen & Sturgis but I don't have that brand of low pressure connects to try out.
+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #25

For the Berkshire, I found compatable propane male fittings at Camping World and Ace Hardware. Camping World sold the male with a female quick connect for $29 and Ace had the male by its self for $12. I mated it with a Lincoln brass adapter to my 10 foot hose and "bingo" my grill is connected to my coach. I did have to shave a small amount off the tip of the male so it would seat and lock down.
kingwood390bh is offline   Reply With Quote