Old 10-13-2015, 08:34 AM   #1

Punched through the jack pad

Well, it happened. Leveling last week on a relatively flat site and the leveler went right through the jack pad. Just curious to know how others handled this when it happened to them. I'm out of factory warranty but have american guardian supplemental warranty. Called the local rv shop and they wont deal with american guardian. Said they can fix it but it would be up to me to chase american guardian for my reimbursement check. Called another one and he wasn't sure that a pinched jack pad would be covered. Also, the power will not work at all on the keypad. Anybody know if this is related to the punched pad or simply a coincidence. Cant find the fuse to check it.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Mbh818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 09:02 AM   #2

I would call equalizer. They know about the jack pads and have changed the design. I would insist they send you 4 new design free of charge. As for the keypad, problem should not be related. Is your parking break on. Will not work if off. Otherwise check fuses, Maybe pull the keypad and reseat the connectors?

Old 10-13-2015, 09:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbh818 View Post
Well, it happened. Leveling last week on a relatively flat site and the leveler went right through the jack pad. Just curious to know how others handled this when it happened to them. I'm out of factory warranty but have american guardian supplemental warranty. Called the local rv shop and they wont deal with american guardian. Said they can fix it but it would be up to me to chase american guardian for my reimbursement check. Called another one and he wasn't sure that a pinched jack pad would be covered. Also, the power will not work at all on the keypad. Anybody know if this is related to the punched pad or simply a coincidence. Cant find the fuse to check it.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

I think that this is the first one that has failed on a newer MH. This is a 2014 correct? Odd as the "new" design went on coaches around 2011. I believe I have the new design on my 2011. I wonder if something else is causing this to happen.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:16 AM   #4

Phil is correct. They changed the design a few years back and this is the first time in quite a while that this issue has been posted. As Silver has stated, call Equalizer and tell them about the issue.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:24 AM   #5

I called Equilizer and had to pay for two of the pads. I'd negotiate with them...word choice is key! They would not admit this was an ongoing problem. I ended up not paying full price for both. After you receive the pads, anyone with a air gun can remove and replace. I took mine in when I had my tires changed. Best of luck!

-David
Old 10-13-2015, 10:26 AM   #6

David,
What year is your coach?

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:42 AM   #7

Tmmar,

I have the 2011 390BH. It had the old design of the Equilizer pads.

-David
Old 10-13-2015, 10:58 AM   #8

I think Tom put pictures up of the two different pads. One is round( the old one) and one has a little curve? to it. Not sure that's correct. Mine is a 2011 and I've not had this happen. The MH had been in service beginning April 2012. Odd issue.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:37 PM   #9

Pads

I have a 2013 Birkshire 390rb the ja is punched through the jack pads last year. I called Equalizer and they told me a recall had gone out on the pads due to the metal around the bolt hole was not correct. They sent me out four new pads at no cost. Easy to replace and no issues since.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:11 PM   #10

Following