Old 08-23-2015, 08:05 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by campnqueen View Post
Sadly this is an issue in the whole industry. Disregard for the consumer...all they really care about is the bottom line for the stock holders .Doesn't really matter whether you buy a FR or some other manufacture.... they support each other and know we want campers.
Finally someone else sees it the way it is, it is unfortunate, but the dealerships and manufacturers work together and we the consumer get stuck in the middle, out of money and not enjoying the product we paid dearly for.

tnbendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:43 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbendr View Post
Finally someone else sees it the way it is, it is unfortunate, but the dealerships and manufacturers work together and we the consumer get stuck in the middle, out of money and not enjoying the product we paid dearly for.

If you don't mind where are you with the repairs? Exactly what is not repaired and what is the hold up? You said that you had more than normal issues but have not said if they have been resolved. You also said that the MH has been sitting at the dealership. Is it not drivable? Waiting on parts? Dealers not doing there job?
I'm just trying to move this from FR sucks and I hate everyone to a productive helpful thread.
And yes I did unsubscribe but evidentiary I didn't do it correctly.

Old 08-23-2015, 09:38 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
If you don't mind where are you with the repairs? Exactly what is not repaired and what is the hold up? You said that you had more than normal issues but have not said if they have been resolved. You also said that the MH has been sitting at the dealership. Is it not drivable? Waiting on parts? Dealers not doing there job?
I'm just trying to move this from FR sucks and I hate everyone to a productive helpful thread.

X2
Old 08-24-2015, 10:59 AM   #114

We bought a brand new Sabre Silhouette 312RKDS unit on Dec 23, 2014. We have used it three times so far and then we had one month of down time to take it in for warranty work. We took it in July 13th with a list of 16 items that needed to be fixed ranging from stove installed crooked that caused the glass top not to fit correctly (sheared off the two plastic nut/bolt hinges), fresh water tank flange was never sealed at the top from the factory (when used the first time camping tried to fill water tank at campgrounds... had water running from unit), broken blinds, poor quality control with holes drilled randomly, etc... we just were notified that our unit was ready for pickup on Aug 18th. We missed a scheduled camping weekend and no one seems to care. It's going to be a call to Forest River Sabre rep because it's unacceptable to us that we paid that kind of money and are very very far from satisfied. I have been monitoring this forum since we purchased our unit and have not posted anything but the more I read the more frustrated I get. I have owned travel trailers for over 9 years and I know that there is maintenance and things go wrong but we purchased new with the hopes that it would be less and not more.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:35 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyBadger View Post
We bought a brand new Sabre Silhouette 312RKDS unit on Dec 23, 2014. We have used it three times so far and then we had one month of down time to take it in for warranty work. We took it in July 13th with a list of 16 items that needed to be fixed ranging from stove installed crooked that caused the glass top not to fit correctly (sheared off the two plastic nut/bolt hinges), fresh water tank flange was never sealed at the top from the factory (when used the first time camping tried to fill water tank at campgrounds... had water running from unit), broken blinds, poor quality control with holes drilled randomly, etc... we just were notified that our unit was ready for pickup on Aug 18th. We missed a scheduled camping weekend and no one seems to care. It's going to be a call to Forest River Sabre rep because it's unacceptable to us that we paid that kind of money and are very very far from satisfied. I have been monitoring this forum since we purchased our unit and have not posted anything but the more I read the more frustrated I get. I have owned travel trailers for over 9 years and I know that there is maintenance and things go wrong but we purchased new with the hopes that it would be less and not more.

This is the Berkshire area you might have better luck in your specific unit thread.
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:52 AM   #116

These units just require constant maintenance to keep them in good working order.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:34 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Well, I can report today that Lazy Days has done a good job of getting my rig in and getting the dinette slide fixed. This of course thanks to Mike for pulling some strings and expediting the process.
As far as more than normal issues, I don't know what normal is except to compare with what I read on these forums. I have said more than normal because that's what Mike has indicated to me, now that may be quantity or it may be because some of the things (like this pulley bracket pulling out of wall) have been unusual. Yes, most have been resolved, but some have been there since purchase and are not keeping me from using it. And others, like the engine not starting have not been duplicated and is still something that has not been satisfactorily answered and which may or may not happen again. I think the drivable question speaks for itself, since the the slide was stuck halfway. By the way, I was the one who suggested to put some wood blocking on the inside to prevent the top of slide moving, so I can drive it to Lazy Days, since no mobile tech in the area would touch it.
Now Phil, I don't know where you are getting that I hate everyone, I can't think of anyone that I hate, hate is a pretty heavy word and emotion. However, this industry has some serious quality issues, to be sure. I don't see why we can't be honest and up front with that fact.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:35 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
These units just require constant maintenance to keep them in good working order.

Vin.
Maintenance and repair are two different things.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:17 PM   #119

Good luck with the LazyDays repair we had ours's repaired there in june 2012 took 1 whole month living in their parking lot and less than a month later same problems came back so we ended up at the factory taken care of in less than 3 days.
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:26 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by accumack View Post
Good luck with the LazyDays repair we had ours's repaired there in june 2012 took 1 whole month living in their parking lot and less than a month later same problems came back so we ended up at the factory taken care of in less than 3 days.
Well, they repaired it in accordance to the instructions given by the factory, so if they followed it, it should work. I asked them to cycle it as many times as they possibly can. I'd rather have it fail again now than later.

Tags
quality