Old 08-18-2015, 09:41 PM   #71
B47

Phil - you have your opinions here and rightly so. Some of us have diffenent opinions,also rightly so.

But how can you not agree with some of problems and just poor basic workmanship - such as sawdust and other debris being left being during assembly,ducts not being connected,etc that are so simple that anyone with any pride in his/hers workmanship would never be condoned?

And while it is probably not the fault of any of the workers,how can you explain the industries continuing to install sub quality tires?

Old 08-18-2015, 09:54 PM   #72

Is it sub quality tires or are people drive to fast. The tires are rated at 65MPH. I have an almost constant stream of bumper an 5th wheels pass me at 65. Does anyone weigh the trailer? Most never have and load them up with everything they want. I have several friends that run stock tires with zero Issues. I don't do I have no first hand info.
Could the quality in the RV industry be better? Yes. Is it crap? Far from it. In fact they turnout a pretty good product and are taking steps to improve.
I never said it was a perfect industry but I don't see the above posts being fair or accurate. There is always a "rest of the story " and we seldom get to hear it.

Old 08-18-2015, 10:01 PM   #73
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Is it sub quality tires or are people drive to fast. The tires are rated at 65MPH. I have an almost constant stream of bumper an 5th wheels pass me at 65. Does anyone weigh the trailer? Most never have and load them up with everything they want. I have several friends that run stock tires with zero Issues. I don't do I have no first hand info.
Could the quality in the RV industry be better? Yes. Is it crap? Far from it. In fact they turnout a pretty good product and are taking steps to improve.
I never said it was a perfect industry but I don't see the above posts being fair or accurate. There is always a "rest of the story " and we seldom get to hear it.
Why is it that we seldom get to hear any responses from the manufacturers justifying why simple things are done or not done in the manufacturing process?

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Peace.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:14 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Why is it that we seldom get to hear any responses from the manufacturers justifying why simple things are done or not done in the manufacturing process?

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Peace.

We had a sit down with the Diesel Div general manager, the head engineer, and the plant manager at the Goshen. It was for woman first and then men. We each had a hour long opportunity to ask questions and make recommendations. About half or less of the diesel owners were there. They listened took notes and asked questions. It was very productive and hopefully helpful.
I don't think we are that far apart on our expectations in regards to the RV industry and our own purchase. We most likely Agree on more than we disagree.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:21 PM   #75

Quote:
No one on this forum is a RV repair person
I would guess that MOST people on this forum are RV repair persons.

Bruce
Old 08-18-2015, 11:49 PM   #76

Quote:
We had a sit down with the Diesel Div general manager, the head engineer, and the plant manager at the Goshen. It was for woman first and then men. We each had a hour long opportunity to ask questions and make recommendations. About half or less of the diesel owners were there. They listened took notes and asked questions. It was very productive and hopefully helpful.
I don't think we are that far apart on our expectations in regards to the RV industry and our own purchase. We most likely Agree on more than we disagree.

Phil, I for one am in total agreement with your comments. My 2014 390BH-60 is virtually headache free, I probably just jinxed myself. I've been to the Diesel Division plant. I've met with Randy, Andy T and Dave. I've personally watched the men at work. There are teams that do specific functions at each stop on the line. The plant completes 7 various coaches a week, Legacy Berk, Berk XL and Charleston. I don't believe the turn over of employees is high and they do take pride in their work. I'm a relative newcomer, March 2015, I can say this; most of the complaints I've read about are vendor supplied complaints. Steps, water heater etc.
Here is my perspective of this thread, there are issues with the Berks et. al. If you have a fifth wheel or a TT, complained on your respective venues. Don't muddy up the waters on the Berk forum. We are here to help each other, Berkshire owner with odd issues that arise. Ya'll are welcome to listen in but we don't need to compare apples to oranges.
Nuff said, sorry for the rant.

Paul
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-19-2015, 08:09 AM   #77

Ye I am a little crazy,,,
but this would fix about 99% of the problems,,,
Each Dealership should have one very experienced service guy,,, probably trained by the factory,,, when ever a dealership received a new unit the service guy or girl would go thru the unit with a fine tooth comb and fix everything they could find wrong,,, the Dealership would then be able to charge that time back to the factory !!!
That service person would also be the one to do walk-thru when the unit was sold !!!

Not only does the workmanship @ the factory need to improve,,,
But the quality of prep work MUST improve @ the dealerships !!!
Old 08-19-2015, 08:40 AM   #78
Fulltime in our Berkshire

I love my berk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Home is Where we park it
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:50 AM   #79

2005 gtwn 375ts I gave up IM putting lipstick on this PIG and moving it to the next victim

Problems roof , electrical , generator, steps, ceiling
Old 08-19-2015, 10:01 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Ye I am a little crazy,,,
but this would fix about 99% of the problems,,,
Each Dealership should have one very experienced service guy,,, probably trained by the factory,,, when ever a dealership received a new unit the service guy or girl would go thru the unit with a fine tooth comb and fix everything they could find wrong,,, the Dealership would then be able to charge that time back to the factory !!!
That service person would also be the one to do walk-thru when the unit was sold !!!

Not only does the workmanship @ the factory need to improve,,,
But the quality of prep work MUST improve @ the dealerships !!!
How many dealerships do you think would take the time or expense to send a tech to the factory for training? And which brand would they choose to have the tech trained on? Also, you think that the dealer takes forever to repair a coach? Wait until you bring in your unit and the dealer says that the tech trained on your brand has x number or walk throughs, PDI's and other coaches of your brand ahead of you waiting for work. It would take a lot longer to get work done on your unit. JMHO

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality