Old 08-19-2015, 12:12 PM   #81

CR@P this thread is getting out of hand.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:00 PM   #82

Agree x2

Rich

Old 08-19-2015, 03:16 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by accumack View Post
Every problem I have had has been with something that ForestRiver did not manufacture. The supplier are the problem in my book. You only have so much control. Everyone wants it to be perfect at this price point how can you expect that? Randy and the Berkshire crew are the best in the industry in my book. We get one heck of a value for the money that is why I bought it! You want it perfect be prepared for sticker shock and I guarantee you wouldn't buy it!
Your conclusion is just a little nearsighted...yes a lot of the issues are not manufactured by FR but they are endorsed and installed by FR. Additionally, I have many examples that are simply sloppy workmanship in areas that are not necessarily in plain sight. As far as Randy and his team, I have mentioned before, they are great for customer service! Unfortunately it's after the fact.
tnbendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:24 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I fully understand the frustration with the quality of the units, but I doubt very seriously if anyone with complaints has ever worked a day on their own job without making mistakes or taking shortcuts when the boss is on your case constantly. Lighten up a little folks. The workers at FR are mostly Amish and are diligent, hard working individuals just trying to do the best they can in an environment they didn't create. Y'all need to direct your gripes to the folks that deserve it which is management and certainly not constantly bad mouth the poor workers on the line. They only do what they are told to do.
Well I hate to disappoint you, but I have worked in industry (aviation) for 38 years and if I made some of the same kind of mistakes that I have seen in my rig and just left them be, it could have resulted in loss of life. So don't be too quick to excuse the sloppy workmanship or the person writing this post.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:28 PM   #85

I bought the 05 375 ts because of its interior volume and design it is bright colored
and looks much larger than it is I use it for 3-4 MONTHS in Florida and we do not get claustrophobic.

I don't get sticker shock !! I have reached the point where I am looking at PHOETONS etc I don't need the grief this motorhome is causing
Old 08-19-2015, 03:51 PM   #86

Most of the folks on this thread are losing the original thought. I said I was tired of posting negative issues and I AM trying to love my berk too, but 21 days of operation compared to 30 days now and counting of non operation due to broke down or in for repair, is not helping. Most comments pertained to accessories or components as a way to explain that FR is not responsible for the failures...did you see the photo I posted? ? And I could post more, all of which are not components, just sloppy work. Or maybe we'll just stick our heads in the sand?
Now someone mentioned in a separate post that they heard FR might start reading the forums? Well hopefully they are and they need to be held accountable for the product they put out. ..even if it's not a 600K rig
Old 08-19-2015, 04:08 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbendr View Post
Most of the folks on this thread are losing the original thought. I said I was tired of posting negative issues and I AM trying to love my berk too, but 21 days of operation compared to 30 days now and counting of non operation due to broke down or in for repair, is not helping. Most comments pertained to accessories or components as a way to explain that FR is not responsible for the failures...did you see the photo I posted? ? And I could post more, all of which are not components, just sloppy work. Or maybe we'll just stick our heads in the sand?
Now someone mentioned in a separate post that they heard FR might start reading the forums? Well hopefully they are and they need to be held accountable for the product they put out. ..even if it's not a 600K rig

Well why not just keep the post going. Sorry any comments posted were not up to your expectations. Obviously the main point of your post was to make sure everyone knew how disappointed you are with FR so go ahead and continue with the I'm mad a FR post and I will unsubscribe. When you get around to asking questions about how to get things fixed and how to best deal with broken parts on a MH let me know. Everyone here has had to deal with something. It's expected on just about any RV you buy. It's the nature of the beast so to speak. You want it fixed it takes some work.
I'm not going to apologize for the rant. I seriously doubt you have had anymore issues than most other owners.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:50 PM   #88
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbendr View Post
Well I hate to disappoint you, but I have worked in industry (aviation) for 38 years and if I made some of the same kind of mistakes that I have seen in my rig and just left them be, it could have resulted in loss of life. So don't be too quick to excuse the sloppy workmanship or the person writing this post.
X2 - exactly.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:14 PM   #89
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by accumack View Post
Every problem I have had has been with something that ForestRiver did not manufacture. The supplier are the problem in my book. You only have so much control. Everyone wants it to be perfect at this price point how can you expect that? Randy and the Berkshire crew are the best in the industry in my book. We get one heck of a value for the money that is why I bought it! You want it perfect be prepared for sticker shock and I guarantee you wouldn't buy it!
I couldn't disagree more with your " the supplier are the problem in my book. You only have so much control."statement.

FR is the buyer of all the vendor supplied appliances which makes FR ultimately responsible for them. If FR said they would only build the stripped down unit void of all appliances and have the purchaser specify what appliances they want in it,then you might have a point.
But FR doesn't do that. If you brought a Chevy and then put a Ford engine in it,would you blame Chevy for any engine problems you might have afterwards?

Along with their ultimate responsibility for the quality of their units, FR does have control regarding what appliances go in them. If the appliances are crap,then FR should stop buying those appliances until those appliances are improved.

I think if all FR customers who have problems with appliances were forced to deal only with that appliance manufacturer,you would see more corrective action and improvements made by the manufacturer.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:28 PM   #90

You have no clue! They are making things right. Please tell me what Berkshire is is doing wrong! I bought a new house and have had many more problems with my new house that cost many times more than a Berkshire. You want to go to a Phaeton go ahead the subsystems are made by the same suppliers as the Berkshire. The problem to me seems to be the dealers that employ people that have no clue as to how to repair our units.

2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality