Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2015, 03:04 PM   #1

Questions about Goshen Rally

I have been wanting to go to the FROG Goshen Rally and have the opportunity to go this year. Just some questions for you experienced rally go'ers. Do I need to sign up for some of the optional tours, or are there enough other things going on? Can I sign up for tours there, or need I do that when registering? Do I need a car, or are there forms of transport to get around....eg Essenhaus Restaurant. My DW may only be able to be there for a couple of days. Would there be enough room for her to park her car? Do I need to register for any factory assistance (small issues...none now, but may be by then)? Thanks for any info. I'm looking forward putting faces to all of the great people that I've come across on these threads.

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:32 PM   #2

Rich,
If you want to go on any of the optional tours, you need to sign up soon as possible. They fill up fast and some (if not all) of the tours are already booked up. The only way that you could sign up at the Rally is if there were any cancellations for the tour you are interested in. You would only need a car if you wanted to things on your own such as the Essenhaus Restaurant. If your DW comes, there will be room for her car. There will be time before the Rally to list your repair needs. This is done so that the Techs can have available any parts that might be needed.
Hope to see you there.
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:37 PM   #3

Rich
When you register you sign up for additional trips. Check the Rally Zone as Frog Bob posted what trips were still available. There is plenty to do at the rally including factory tour (free). You can get away without a car but if you want to try the local excellent resturants and amish shopping it is advisable. The sites are large enough to park your car by your MH. The service requests have not been posted yet and you can always update it at the rally. It is a good time to meet other owners as there is always a gathering going on It is a good time had by all. See you there.
Marty

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Mmnsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
I have been wanting to go to the FROG Goshen Rally and have the opportunity to go this year. Just some questions for you experienced rally go'ers. Do I need to sign up for some of the optional tours, or are there enough other things going on? Can I sign up for tours there, or need I do that when registering? Do I need a car, or are there forms of transport to get around....eg Essenhaus Restaurant. My DW may only be able to be there for a couple of days. Would there be enough room for her to park her car? Do I need to register for any factory assistance (small issues...none now, but may be by then)? Thanks for any info. I'm looking forward putting faces to all of the great people that I've come across on these threads.
Rich
Hi Rich,

You don't "need" to go on any of the tours- there are enough activities and hanging around to do every day. The tours are "added value" and if one or two interests you, you might want to sign up now because spaces are going fast (1 or 2 of them are already sold out).

If you want to go to the Essenhaus, you will need to either bum a ride with someone who is going, or have a car. The fairgrounds are pretty self contained (assuming you have your own supplies - there are no stores or even a 7-11 really close by.)

You can register for factory maintenance at the rally (or amend any maintenance forms you have already submitted.)

Most of the RV sites have room to park a car. If by chance yours does not there is ample parking around the fairgrounds
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:36 PM   #5

I thought I was going to be off for this years rally, but my schedule has changed and I won't make it. I was looking forward to meeting some of you guys.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
I thought I was going to be off for this years rally, but my schedule has changed and I won't make it. I was looking forward to meeting some of you guys.
Oh MAN that Sux Was looking forward to meeting ya'll

Any chance you guys can get the time off to come to BamaGanza in October?
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:06 PM   #7

What are those dates Bama?
Old 04-22-2015, 08:18 PM   #8

Hey, thanks for the replies and info. Looking forward to meeting all of you great Forest River owners...

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:28 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Check out these threads in the rally forum for info.
frog rally thread

frog rally community chat

countdown to Goshen

FROG website

As for tours, sign up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
There are still spots available on #1, The Real Housewives of Amish Country, and on #8, which is a second offering of Boats, Bison & Bar-B-Q that we added for Thursday to handle the overflow from the Tuesday tour. All of the others are currently filled -- some on the day that registration opened.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:44 PM   #10
Director, FROG

I agree with everything that Tom, Marty, and Bob said. There's not much within walking distance (although as Steven Wright says, "Every place is within walking distance if you have enough time.") There's a WalMart Super Center about two miles away on US33 South, and several good restaurants between there and the fairgrounds. Das Essenhaus is in Middlebury, about 12 miles away.

On the two nights when we don't serve dinner at the fairgrounds, Tuesday and Thursday, there will probably be some potluck dinners. There was a huge one last year, plus several others organized by brand groups -- Cedar Creek, Cardinal, R-Pod, and probably others that I don't know about.

On tours, six of the original seven are filled -- two were filled on the day that registration opened. Tour #1 is the one that has some openings. We've also added Tour #8, another Boat/Bison/Bar-B-Q, on Thursday to handle the fact that we accidentally allowed #3 to overfill. Tour #8 also has a few spots still left.

To add tours, please DO NOT go to the FROG website and re-register. Go to www.frogrally.com, where you paid for your registration, and enter as a returning customer. If you don't know the password you used to get in, call me and I can reset it for you.

In the next few days we should have the service request forms available on the FROG website. I sent them over to IT on Monday, so that should be up soon.

Finally, in the next couple of days you'll be getting a LOOOONG e-mail from me asking you to confirm all of the information on your registration. We want to make sure that everything is accurate to make your arrival and check-in quicker and your stay at the FROG Rally more pleasant.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote