Old 09-10-2016, 07:58 PM   #1

Radio

Just replaced my Jensen 212t with a jrv9000. I wanted an upgraded sound and the ot g er features that this model offered. I saw it at Goshen rally and spoke st length with Jim Hess, a fantastic rep. Fra ASA electronics. I was hoping this unit would improve the sound pf my already upgraded system. I was not disappointed. Installation was easy with the harness adaptor that can be purchased. I highly recommend this upgrade. Will check out the accuracy of the gps tomorrow. It was easy to program.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1473555432321.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	119908   Click image for larger version

Name:	1473555445519.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	119909   Click image for larger version

Name:	1473555466320.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	119910   Click image for larger version

Name:	1473555479449.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	119911  

Old 09-11-2016, 07:45 AM   #2

Rich,
Nice install! Looks great! How does it handle the cameras and about how much did it cost?

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Rich,
Nice install! Looks great! How does it handle the cameras and about how much did it cost?
Hi Tom. Handles cameras same as the other unit. Cost is $679.99 on the website, but I got a discount from the rep at Goshen. Also, $40 for the harness adapter, but WELL worth the money.

Rich
Old 09-11-2016, 08:10 AM   #4
Go Seahawks!

Looks great Rich. Did they provide any info with the documents about how to get GPS map updates and if they charge for them? -Glenn
Pacific Northwest
Subsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 04:33 PM   #5

Hey Glenn, need to check on that. Did have gps freeze radio and dod a hard reset (easy to do)
Old 04-03-2017, 10:23 PM   #6

What harness did you have to get if you remembers? Looking to do this upgrade soon!
Old 04-04-2017, 08:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfellow View Post
What harness did you have to get if you remembers? Looking to do this upgrade soon!

Sorry. Did not save the info. But I did get the adapter through ASA electronics.
Really made install easy. Can be done with included harness, just more time to wire.

Rich
Old 04-09-2017, 01:52 PM   #8

Map Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsailor View Post
Looks great Rich. Did they provide any info with the documents about how to get GPS map updates and if they charge for them? -Glenn
The ASA website is pretty disorganized, so I'm not completely sure how accurate this information is for the JRV9000, because I originally found it by looking up the VX7020A, which is a little less competent (only one camera input).

Go to JRV9000R Touchscreen AM/FM/ Navigation/Bluetooth Multimedia System

Download the navigation manual, which is not accessible directly for the JRV9000, but is accessible directly for the VX7020A. Indeed the page suggests that it is only for models VM9726BTC, VX7020A.

It says that for those units, you have a 30 day period after purchasing the unit in which you can get the latest maps for free. After that, you have to buy the maps. If that policy also applies to the JRV9000 maps, it suggests waiting to do the installation until you are at a point where you really want the latest maps.

That document also has a link to the map provider, NavieExtras. Following that link, it says that the map updates are also for the JRV9000, as well as the Magnadyne M4-LCD, which is standard equipment on my 2025 Berk 34QS. Thus, getting the Jensen doesn't seem to give any advantage in getting a better map update policy than I currently have in my Berk.

I notice that they will give a one-time set of maps for Canada, US and Mexico for $69.95, and a one-year sequence of updates for the same countries for $89.95.

–Gordon
gordonsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 05:01 PM   #9

Gordon,
To be honest, the NAV sucks. I did not update. There seems to be a disconnect from GPS coordinates and what it shows you on the map. Case in point, I was travelling down an interstate and there was a road running parallel to me. It showed me on the other road. I bought this for the sound, bluetooth and superior graphic equalizer. I am not disappointed on that front.

Rich
Old 04-09-2017, 05:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
Gordon,
To be honest, the NAV sucks. I did not update. There seems to be a disconnect from GPS coordinates and what it shows you on the map. Case in point, I was travelling down an interstate and there was a road running parallel to me. It showed me on the other road. I bought this for the sound, bluetooth and superior graphic equalizer. I am not disappointed on that front.

Rich
Rich,
That's good to know. One of my main reasons to switch would be to get a decent NAV system.

–Gordon

gordonsick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio