Old 05-25-2016, 01:42 PM   #11
Marine

I agree, that the radio rocker switch should allow you to play the radio with the ignition off. However, when I push the switch, the radio does play with the ignition off, but it adversely affects all of the previously mentioned circuits. Moreover, I thought that with the ignition switch off, the radio would be powered by the house batteries, but in my coach, the chassis batteries power the in dash radio.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:52 PM   #12
Marine

Tom and Margaret:

You are correct. When the switch is pushed down, the switch illuminates and you complete the radio with the key out of the ignition. When you do this in your coach, are you then prevented from using the front TV, prevented from using the awnings, prevented from using the nightshades, etc.? That is my problem.

Old 05-25-2016, 02:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
Tom and Margaret:

You are correct. When the switch is pushed down, the switch illuminates and you complete the radio with the key out of the ignition. When you do this in your coach, are you then prevented from using the front TV, prevented from using the awnings, prevented from using the nightshades, etc.? That is my problem.
Your switch is wired wrong. Everything you describe, I believe, is supposed to happen when the coach ignition switch is on. Sounds as though your switch mimics the ignition switch instead of just furnishing power for the dash radio unit.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:29 PM   #14

Marine,
Dash switch for radio on, key not in ignition-radio goes on, tv's work, night and sun shades work. Didn't try awning- not enough room to put it out. As bubbles pointed out, something is wired incorrectly- unless FR changed something during the production year which is entirely possible.
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:30 PM   #15
Marine

Bubbles:

I agree with you that mice which appears to be wired incorrectly. Now I have to figure out how to wire it correctly! Is it your opinion that the dash radio should be powered by the house batteries or the chassis batteries?
Old 05-25-2016, 02:31 PM   #16
Marine

Bubbles:

I agree with you that the rocker switch appears to be wired incorrectly. Now I have to figure out how to wire it correctly! Is it your opinion that the dash radio should be powered by the house batteries or the chassis batteries?
Old 05-25-2016, 02:33 PM   #17
Marine

Tom: what year and model is your unit? Thanks. Semper Fi to all.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:34 PM   #18

Marine, I have a 2014 390bh-60.
Tom

Old 05-25-2016, 02:42 PM   #19
Marine

Thanks Tom. Now I have to figure out how to rewire it. If anyone out there could confirm whether their dash radio is powered by the chassis batteries or the house batteries, that would be great. To check, take the key out of the ignition. Push the dash rocker switch down to power up the radio. Go outside and turn the rotary switch located in the house battery compartment to the off position. Go inside and see if the dash radio is still working. In my case, it stopped working when I turned the house batteries off.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:57 PM   #20

Well if you mean 'if anybody out there' is me, I guess I can do that. Is this part of basic training for the Marines you are putting me through?? Up and out and around my coach! In and out of my coach! Turning this on and that off!! PHEW!! You trying to get this old man in shape or what?? (LOL!!).

Again, no ignition key and dash radio switch on. Radio on. Turned house battery switch off and radio still on. So it looks like the radio is hooked up to the chassis batteries.

Tags
radio