Old 08-30-2014, 10:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk10eye View Post
We have a 2012 Berkshire 360-FWS. For some time now, I have a rattle/noise which comes from above/around the front door. First, I thought it was coming from the door awning. Checked all screws for tightness, and even put pieces of foam where the arms come together, and where the covers come together, but no luck. Also put some foam around the door linkage, thinking that was the problem, no luck. Checked the light cover, but all seems tight there. It generally starts making noise at about 40 mph and higher. Anyone else have this issue, or know what might be causing the noise? Thanks.
Check your roof batwing antenna. Another poster in here turned me on to that and he was right. It might be contacting with the roof at speed and air turbulance. I did a slight bend up on the wings and it took care of my rattle.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:11 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
And between the outer door & the door frame. I really think that is were mine is.

Russell

I have been trying to track down the same rattle on mine as well. The dealer and the factory have tried when it was there for repairs. If you figure it out please let me know. Seems like it is coming from the top of the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 08-31-2014, 10:35 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by klucas View Post
I have been trying to track down the same rattle on mine as well. The dealer and the factory have tried when it was there for repairs. If you figure it out please let me know. Seems like it is coming from the top of the door.

Mine for sure comes from the top of the door. When I drape the wash cloth over the door and close it the squeaking go away. So I'm ok with it for now as I no longer hear it. Lol

As to the batwing making a noise I don't have a batwing I have the Jack.

Russell
Old 09-01-2014, 02:20 PM   #14

I had this same problem and lived with it for a year. It sounded as though it was coming from directly above the door, but on the outside. I figured it had to be the door awning. But when I checked, I could not find anything loose.

I had it in at the dealer (MHSRV) for some 1 year warranty work. When I described it, they immediately knew what it was and told me that is is very common on the Berks.

Apparently it is indeed a screw in the door awning. Unfortunately, I did not ask or see exactly where. But they did say that virtually all of them come loose and they tighten them during their checkout normally. Since they fixed it, it has been very quiet. I was relieved, and somewhat ticked that it took so long to figure out and fix.

Wish I could be more descriptive, but that's all they told me.

I also had the mud flap issue which was identified on the initial drive during PDI and corrected.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:34 PM   #15

Some further information. I when to the coach today to do some small things. I noticed the black plastic plugs in the top , side and bottom of the door frame. I pulled those off, and tightened the bolts that hold the door in place. Some were not very tight. Also tightened all the screws in the door window frame. That may be the issue. Going to go out in a week or two for a short trip. Will see if that has corrected the problem. FYI for those who may have a similar problem.
BrakeBuddy
hawk10eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:22 PM   #16

Thanks. I will look at the awning and see if I can find this mysterious loose screw. I sure hope I can, the rattle can drive you crazy on a long drive.