Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2016, 12:19 PM   #21

Jacques,
Congrats on your new coach and welcome to you and your family to the Berkshire Family! You are going to love it!
2011 Honda CR-V toad
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:34 PM   #22

I will check to see. If I can I will be there. I was happy with their service and delivery. Bob Wells was my sales person.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:57 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgpapillon View Post
We are almost ready to sign on the dotted line for a 2017 Berkshire XL 40 bunks with the 380 hp engine. I would appreciate any feedback from owners of recent XL's and their experience with reliability, factory support and even better if possible, experience with Southern California dealers.
We chose the 380hp vs. the 360hp, thinking that the extra torque will be needed around our hills. As an old motor head, my philosophy is that more torque is always better than less...

I also looked at Tiffin Allegro Red (bunk) and the Fleetwood Discovery 40 G (bunk also) but we like the layout of the Berkshire better. How does the XL stack up against the other two?

I will be grateful for any feedback you may be able to provide, as this is a very big decision that is keeping me up at night..

Cheers,

Jacques
We have had the same coach (2016 Berkshire XL 40BH 380) since late September and we LOVE it! All brand new coaches will have first year repairs and items that need adjusting, so be sure to expect that, but you will really enjoy this coach if you decide to get it. I'd be happy to give you some ideas on storage and help with questions if you need it. Sleep well until a few days before your PDI!
Old 06-29-2016, 11:03 AM   #24

The layout is the most important issue. I aldo looked at those two coaches and decided to go with the layout I wanted. Glad I did. Would love to have the extra horse power, but I had no issues with my 340 HP going thru the Rocky Mountains and up the entire west coast. Would like to go a little faster up the hills, but 45mph aint bad.

Mike & Amy + 3 and the dogs!
2014 berkshire 390bh-40
mikeborny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:23 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgpapillon View Post
We are almost ready to sign on the dotted line for a 2017 Berkshire XL 40 bunks with the 380 hp engine. I would appreciate any feedback from owners of recent XL's and their experience with reliability, factory support and even better if possible, experience with Southern California dealers.
We chose the 380hp vs. the 360hp, thinking that the extra torque will be needed around our hills. As an old motor head, my philosophy is that more torque is always better than less...

I also looked at Tiffin Allegro Red (bunk) and the Fleetwood Discovery 40 G (bunk also) but we like the layout of the Berkshire better. How does the XL stack up against the other two?

I will be grateful for any feedback you may be able to provide, as this is a very big decision that is keeping me up at night..

Cheers,

Jacques

We have a 2016 Berk XL 40rb....... Love it.. Few minir issues but took it across from FL to CA with no problems.... Hubby lives the power....

Diwizi - 2016 Berkshire XL 40RB
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 04:21 PM   #26

We purchased our 34 qs from mh2go in October .a positive experience in every way Evan Shepard ( sales) and everyone there seem to be good people.
bill52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:57 PM   #27

new 38a

we just purchased our new 38A on July 8 upgraded from a Coachmen Marada
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:57 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet19711 View Post
we just purchased our new 38A on July 8 upgraded from a Coachmen Marada
Congrats on your new coach! We are 38A owners too! Welcome to the Berkshire family!
2011 Honda CR-V toad
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:46 PM   #29

Congratulations on your purchase. We have a 2016 BerkshireXL 40BH 380 hp. We bought it in the end of March and have only first used it for camping over the 4th of July weekend. Love the coach. We did as others have done and traded up from a gas motorhome. We had a 2008 Georgetown 350se with bunks and 2 slides. It served us well as we always travel with our adult special needs daughter, she needs the bunk. The new Berk has 4 slide and offers much more room. The Georgetown had a Ford V10 and it seemed to have the power I needed but now with the 380 hp diesel there is no comparing. Good luck with your new Berk. I am sure it will give you miles and miles of happiness. If you have a portable GPS, Garmin or Tom tom, what ever you normally use, you might want to toss it in your suitcase. the GPS onboard is not as easy to use for first timers and you don't want to be trying to figure it out as you drive by yourself...just sayin
Fkaske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 06:38 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fkaske View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. We have a 2016 BerkshireXL 40BH 380 hp. We bought it in the end of March and have only first used it for camping over the 4th of July weekend. Love the coach. We did as others have done and traded up from a gas motorhome. We had a 2008 Georgetown 350se with bunks and 2 slides. It served us well as we always travel with our adult special needs daughter, she needs the bunk. The new Berk has 4 slide and offers much more room. The Georgetown had a Ford V10 and it seemed to have the power I needed but now with the 380 hp diesel there is no comparing. Good luck with your new Berk. I am sure it will give you miles and miles of happiness. If you have a portable GPS, Garmin or Tom tom, what ever you normally use, you might want to toss it in your suitcase. the GPS onboard is not as easy to use for first timers and you don't want to be trying to figure it out as you drive by yourself...just sayin
looks like we have many things in common...traded up as well... also have a disabled adult son, injured in a car accident at 16 who goes with us and needs the bunk..going on our first trip tomorrow to WV, but I know the way and I can play with the onboard GPS (wife has GPS on her phone)
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:20 AM   #31

So BerkshireXL 40BH owners, 1. congratulations on your new rig. and I wish you many happy miles.
So my question is how do you like the bath room? I got in one this past weekend and loved everything about the coach but the bath room. Is it just me or is it hard to use the sink?
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 05:21 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-g View Post
So BerkshireXL 40BH owners, 1. congratulations on your new rig. and I wish you many happy miles.
So my question is how do you like the bath room? I got in one this past weekend and loved everything about the coach but the bath room. Is it just me or is it hard to use the sink?

It's too cramped for a full sized male.
Bunci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:18 PM   #33

Any 40BH owners switched out the L-shape couch with a different couch such as a sleeper? If yes, do you like it better. The L-shape is a deal breaker for my wife.

Signed,

Still shopping after a year of looking😢
edmonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:23 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmonh View Post
Any 40BH owners switched out the L-shape couch with a different couch such as a sleeper? If yes, do you like it better. The L-shape is a deal breaker for my wife.

Signed,

Still shopping after a year of looking😢
Totally, got rid of the L sofa after 9 months...... we have a 40rb
So glad we did... bought a LazyBoy Easton.... 3 seater with recliners on each side.....

Just gave the l sofa away... it was horrible... and harder to get out than putting the new one in.... just drove our coach to store, and Lazy Boy loaded it in...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7017.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	294.0 KB
ID:	120737  
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire