Old 01-14-2014, 02:44 PM   #11

Or perhaps making sure that the time is set on the thermostat. It does weird things if it is not set.

1 Cockatiel-Lucky
dogsgocamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:22 PM   #12

I set the time on thermostat - no change. Just checked my manuals and do not have one for the Dometic thermostat. Will try to download tomorrow when i have computer set up.

If not too long, could you post the reset procedure? Many thanks!

Old 01-14-2014, 10:02 PM   #13

Per the Dometic comfort control center. 2 operating instructions
System reset procedure
When your unit was installed the appropriate dip switches on the electronic control board were turned on to match your system configuration. Any time these settings are changed, a system reset will need to be done before the CCC2 thermostat will recognize the updated selection. To do a system reset:
- make sure the CCC2 thermostat is in the OFF MODE
-simultaneously press the MODE and ZONE buttons. The LCD will display "iniT" and all available zones
-release the MODE and ZONE BUTTONS
-press the ON/OFF button to exit the system set up

I hope this helps and make sure the dip switches are correctly set before trying the reset
Good luck and let us know if this helps
Old 01-14-2014, 10:06 PM   #14

This reset procedure is from Dometic form no. 3312366.010 7/10 in case you want to get a complete copy of the thermostat instruction manual
Old 01-14-2014, 10:39 PM   #15

Thanks! I'll give it a shot. Are dip switches inside thermostat?
Old 01-15-2014, 12:28 AM   #16

I don't know where they are. Maybe someone else on the forum knows where they are.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:58 AM   #17

The only dip switches that I know of are on the control board in the roof air. They are set to indicate if you have a heat pump or just ac and a furnace.

tmmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:45 AM   #18

Correct on the dip switches, they are located on the rooftop AC. I had to adjust mine because I ordered my coach with 2 15K heat pumps and my thermostat would not show HP for my zone 2. I went up and noticed the dip switch on my back AC for heat pump was not in the on position. I put it on and did a reset on the thermostat and it showed up and worked fine. I believe the dip switches are only to send a signal to the thermostat so you can control the devices. If your thermostat shows furnace than it should work and it's not your dip switches in the wrong position.

Now one issue I did have with my coach was that I was not getting propane to my stove or front furnace, but was getting it to the hot water heater and rear furnace. My issue ended up being that when my front passenger side slide would go out it would kink the propane line and I would get nothing to the furnace or stove. Bring the slide in and all would work great. I had to spot tie the lines up so they would not kink anymore and now they both work fine! Not sure of your floor plan, but I would see where that propane line runs and if it is in the slide out, see if it is getting kinked when the slide is out. Bring the slides in and check if it works. If it does, put each slide out one at a time and see if the heat goes away, if it does than you know which slide out is kinking the hose and you can trouble shoot further. Hope this helps out!!!

Jason
Old 01-15-2014, 09:09 PM   #19

Gents, thanks for all of the replies and advice. I tried the furnace slude in and out with no change. Also looked at dip switches and they seem correct. Did the thermostat reset- it sees both zones. So I can only guess the problem is in the furnace. Talked to a repair guy who feels there is likely a blockage of some kind in the burner tube (spider web or something).
Old 02-11-2014, 09:15 PM   #20

Dometic Furnance

We are having the same problem. We took it to our dealer because it was still under warranty. Response back from Forest River is that Zone 1 only blows cool air. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Tags
furnace