Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2019, 09:33 PM   #1

Recpro recliner comparison with FR theater seats

We got theater seats in our Berk only because we thought they were recliners, which we wanted. They recline somewhat, but not what we expected.

We're thinking of replacing them with RecPro Charles Double RV Wall Hugger Recliner Sofa with Console, which looks from the photos like more of what we wanted in the first place.

However, we're reluctant wondering if the RecPro will be a noticeable improvement - since there's no showroom around here for viewing & trying one.

If anyone has made this same swap, I'd appreciate your comparison. Or, if anyone in SoCal has a RecPro that we could see, we'd welcome the opportunity to do so.

Thanks.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:06 PM   #2

We have a 2018 39a, came with a love seat, we swapped out for the Recpro theater seating. We love them. They came very quickly, install went smooth. We got the electric reclining option, was extra but worth it. The recliners lay back almost vertical. Very smooth operation. Highly recommend Recpro.
rdonihoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:21 PM   #3

Thanks, rdonihoo. We're looking at the 70" in electric also. Is yours 70"?

How did you get power to them? I'm not sure it can be concealed.

Any mounting issues?
Old 05-10-2019, 11:09 PM   #4

Ours is the smaller 67 inch. I found a unused plug under the kitchen sink. The supplied cord with the recliners was more than long enough to reach. We replaced a love seat that set in the full wall slide beside the kitchen cabinets. So I drilled a hole at the rear back of the cabinets close to the floor and ran the cord behind the
Cabinets to the plug. The plug looks like it may of been there for an electric oven.
Since we don’t have a oven, the plug was open. Make sure you get the new recliners screwed down good. Maybe a little extra (I used a lag bolt) toward the rear of the chairs. Good luck !
rdonihoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:51 PM   #5

Thumbs up Hot Dang!

rdonihoo, you made my day!

Although the dealer said there was no 120V under counter level, sure enough, there is an unused receptacle behind our gas stovetop. That will make it very easy for concealed wiring - like you did.

Thanks much for this valuable tip!
Old 05-11-2019, 10:55 PM   #6

We have rec pro theater seating and love it. We had Thomas Payne rocker recliner but they were not wall hugest an took up to much room. We are happy with quality an functional of rec pro
K9smi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:49 AM   #7

Can y'all share what Rec Pro model number you have?

Im looking to replace my theater seating as it is not the most comfortable. Looking at Rec Pro as an option.

Mike
Old 05-12-2019, 10:08 AM   #8

Rec pro

We have the 70 inch with power theater seating from rec pro with tax they were just a little over 1200.00
K9smi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFather View Post
We got theater seats in our Berk only because we thought they were recliners, which we wanted. They recline somewhat, but not what we expected.

We're thinking of replacing them with RecPro Charles Double RV Wall Hugger Recliner Sofa with Console, which looks from the photos like more of what we wanted in the first place.

However, we're reluctant wondering if the RecPro will be a noticeable improvement - since there's no showroom around here for viewing & trying one.

If anyone has made this same swap, I'd appreciate your comparison. Or, if anyone in SoCal has a RecPro that we could see, we'd welcome the opportunity to do so.

Thanks.
The recpro recliners are ok . I put the wall hugger recliners in my unit not the one with the center console but the individual ones and with the wall hugger design they do not recline as much as i would like . . but they are comfortable and have held up so far .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by walaby View Post
Can y'all share what Rec Pro model number you have?

Im looking to replace my theater seating as it is not the most comfortable. Looking at Rec Pro as an option.

Mike
Mike, it seems we have the same situation as you. We just ordered the 70" powered version I described in my original post. My space is 69 1/2" wide, but was assured by RP that, due to the material compressibility, the 70" is not a problem fit.

if you need tips on removing the theater seats, let me know.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:42 PM   #11

We have purchased from RecPro twice in the past, and like the furniture. We made a third purchase and that’s when it went downhill. They sent the wrong color, and refuse to fix unless I pay shipping. I refuse to spend money to fix their mistake. Be careful buying online something large and hard to return.

Tags
heater