Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2015, 08:50 PM   #21

Refrigerator performance on 2012 390BH60

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15berkxl View Post
Russell I stopped by TV RV Thursday afternoon had to meet with Jim and Jenni on what and when FR was getting my unit in to fix a multitude of issues. I was hoping you would be there to say Hi in person but no such luck.
Left there and stopped at Menards and who do I bump into exiting but Hank, always a pleasure to run into him.
Anyway hope to see you next adventure to TV RV.

Wayne

Wayne:

My coach was there---we came back home to have dinner with 3 other couples we winter with in Florida. Dinner at Beef House in Covington Indiana

This dinner meeting been planed all summer. I will be back in Elkhart tomorrow afternoon for the tech to finish the repair

My coach was in the # 3 spot from the North end. Jim should of known that. Not sure Jenni knew it.

Show up tomorrow afternoon & I'll have a burger with you at the Filppin Cow!! I'll be at my coach about 1pm.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 08:24 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Wayne:

My coach was there---we came back home to have dinner with 3 other couples we winter with in Florida. Dinner at Beef House in Covington Indiana

This dinner meeting been planed all summer. I will be back in Elkhart tomorrow afternoon for the tech to finish the repair

My coach was in the # 3 spot from the North end. Jim should of known that. Not sure Jenni knew it.

Show up tomorrow afternoon & I'll have a burger with you at the Filppin Cow!! I'll be at my coach about 1pm.

Russell

Russell sorry I could not meet up with you yesterday war department had other plans for me on her day off lol. Hope everything came out ok with repair.

Wayne
Old 07-19-2015, 01:42 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15berkxl View Post
Russell sorry I could not meet up with you yesterday war department had other plans for me on her day off lol. Hope everything came out ok with repair.

Wayne

At Oshkosh air show now. If you need road trip. This place cool. Even if your not aviation person !!

Russell
Old 07-19-2015, 01:53 PM   #24

So is frig fixed
Old 07-19-2015, 02:52 PM   #25

Yep frig perfect !!! 31 degree frig & -2 freezer. Whirlpool sent right guy! Eds repair Elkhart Tech pulled it out --left it in middle of coach till parts got there then fixed it put it back into the hole !!

Russell
Old 07-28-2015, 02:11 PM   #26

Had the mobile tech come out yesterday to install the auxiliary fans. He took one look at the size of the frig and said that he would not touch the job on his own. Apparently in order to properly do the job the frig must.be pulled out so that external fans can be placed at top of heat exchanger and so the internal fan can draw power from the power block and not the light
lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:12 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefaivre View Post
Had the mobile tech come out yesterday to install the auxiliary fans. He took one look at the size of the frig and said that he would not touch the job on his own. Apparently in order to properly do the job the frig must.be pulled out so that external fans can be placed at top of heat exchanger and so the internal fan can draw power from the power block and not the light
That is correct, the unit is quite heavy, the shop that pulled mine used a transmission jack. The fans are shown on drawings on a shelf just below the condenser, Still they are open impellor doesn't matter where in the air stream as long as the vent upwards.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 12:37 AM   #28

It is my understanding that the frig has 2 standard exhaust fans at the top of the condenser. As suggested by this forum I have purchased a bar rvcoolingunit.com that contains an additional 3 fans on a thermal switch
lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:11 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefaivre View Post
It is my understanding that the frig has 2 standard exhaust fans at the top of the condenser. As suggested by this forum I have purchased a bar rvcoolingunit.com that contains an additional 3 fans on a thermal switch
It appears that your thread has been hijacked. You have a propane/elec refrig. and everyone is talking about a Whirlpool problem. I have the same year and problems and hope that we both can get some forum answers.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:36 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post
It appears that your thread has been hijacked. You have a propane/elec refrig. and everyone is talking about a Whirlpool problem. I have the same year and problems and hope that we both can get some forum answers.
Last 5 posts refer to model 1350 4 door units. Fans are required for this unit. Dometic not Whirlpool.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:31 PM   #31

I broke down today under desperation and installed the fans inside of the fridge. We are getting ready to leave on a week and 1/2 trip and hope it does the job.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1438738264.558487.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	84937
Old 08-05-2015, 11:07 AM   #32

Earl - Please keep us posted on how well the inside fridge fans work.

Tags
2012, 390bh, refrigerator