Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2015, 05:38 PM   #21

You may never see the light, it does it on its own. The light means you will need to complete the regen soon or just drive for an extended period and it will take care of itself. Normally the light will come on only if you typically drive short distances.
CT Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:46 PM   #22

Rather then worrying about the light, you need to know what to do when it does come on and not be in a bind like David. I believe that I gave enough info. on what to do.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:43 PM   #23

I-RV,

Thanks for all your help today. As someone else asked...it should do it on its on, but like today the lights were coming on and I was loosing power wishing 15 minutes. Down to 45mph max speed. The mechanic plugged in his computer and initiated the regen. Ran perfect afterwards! For the future, I will definitely attend the freight liner course! I've heard only good things about it. Safely mad it to stone mountain GA. Thanks for all your help today! Nothing like being stranded on the side of the road with cars flying by and not knowing how to fix your problem.

V/R,
David
trekdave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:04 AM   #24

David
I am sorry that I did not get you the instructions for the regen on yesterday morning. I had the instructions from the Freightliner class at home in a binder and I thereby would have not known what to do, either. Those instructions are now going onboard.

I was unable to include the total ten page instructions in a 4mb pdf file. I guess that is too large. Does anyone know how I can post the regen instructions.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:55 PM   #25

I-RV,

No worries. I appreciate all your help. Thankfully I had all my manuals, was able to diagnose the problem and then called cummins south. They quoted $1500-2,000 for the roadside repair. Thankfully, I was only two hours from home and have a great friend that's a mechanic. After he arrived on scene the regen only took 70 minutes and then I was on my way. Spent quite a bit of time on the side of the road, but thankfully it wasn't worse. I'll be signing up for the freight liner class sometime this year. Thanks again!

-David
Old 08-10-2015, 04:46 PM   #26

Regen switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post
David
I am sorry that I did not get you the instructions for the regen on yesterday morning. I had the instructions from the Freightliner class at home in a binder and I thereby would have not known what to do, either. Those instructions are now going onboard.

I was unable to include the total ten page instructions in a 4mb pdf file. I guess that is too large. Does anyone know how I can post the regen instructions.

I-RV

How did u get 10 pages my FL operation manual on the regen subject is only 2 pages at most? What else are u including.
Also I assume that manual was included in with the other operation manuals.

Wayne
Old 08-10-2015, 06:47 PM   #27

Wayne - I attended Camp Freightliner, a couple years ago at Gaffney, SC. This class was for Freightliner chassis with a variety of engines and with MH owners with an assortment of makes. The instructor did differentiate differences for each of us and we were giver all the course material covered in a large binder. The regen ten pages were in the binder. I will try to get it posted somehow.

2012 Berkshire 390BH
Old 08-11-2015, 07:31 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post
Wayne - I attended Camp Freightliner, a couple years ago at Gaffney, SC. This class was for Freightliner chassis with a variety of engines and with MH owners with an assortment of makes. The instructor did differentiate differences for each of us and we were giver all the course material covered in a large binder. The regen ten pages were in the binder. I will try to get it posted somehow.

2012 Berkshire 390BH

I understand you received a wealth of information but if I can help and suggest since we are dealing with Berkshire here only a small portion would pertain to that regen. I guess to much info could be dangerous. Look in your operation manual that came with your unit and copy that for starters. Since the DPF started in 2007 I would think regen instructions have not changed much. I know what you posted is the same for my 2015 XL so there appears to be a lot of redundancy.
Hope this helps.

Wayne
Old 08-11-2015, 07:47 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15berkxl View Post
I understand you received a wealth of information but if I can help and suggest since we are dealing with Berkshire here only a small portion would pertain to that regen. I guess to much info could be dangerous. Look in your operation manual that came with your unit and copy that for starters. Since the DPF started in 2007 I would think regen instructions have not changed much. I know what you posted is the same for my 2015 XL so there appears to be a lot of redundancy.
Hope this helps.

Wayne
Wayne, I'm sorry that you feel that way; I am only trying to be helpful. I do not agree with your statement "I guess to much info could be dangerous." I have not disparaged the operations manual. The ten pages that I could not send are all of mainly pictorial content. I think that we are all adults that can filter the material.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:59 AM   #30

I meant no disrespect to your post I was trying to help you by finding a way to post less info that does not pertain to any model on this forum. We all me included can become confused if to much info so I was only suggesting to lessen it and at the same time make it easier for you to post.

Wayne
Old 08-11-2015, 08:19 AM   #31

Wayne
All the pages pertained to our Berkshire. I posted three of the pages (#13,14, 15). The other pages showed the more severe stages of no-regen, such as Regen Light flashing, Regen Light flashing and Engine light on and then with the Stop Engine light on, etc.

The OP was stranded on I-85 and couldn't find the Regen Switch. I first got into this thread to try to help the guy and then thought it beneficial to share the info. I had.

Have a good day!
Old 08-11-2015, 11:55 AM   #32

I am wondering if you let the DEF get too low. It is my understanding that the system will shut down if it drops below a certain level.
lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 01:21 PM   #33

To my knowledge, the DEF is separate from the Diesel Particulate Filter. Your gauge for the DEF is the four lights on the gas gauge. Yes, if the DEF gets too low, it will reduce the MH's power, and it gets too low, it does more (not sure what). The DPF regen. is not connected with low DEF.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:49 PM   #34

I-RV...trust me you didn't provide too much information. Everything was helpful.

DEF isn't connected to DPF. My DEF was full at the time I started loosing power.

-David
Old 08-11-2015, 06:13 PM   #35

Glad to see everyone is reading more into my response than the intent to HELP transmit all the info pertaining to the model and not to other manufactures who use a different style FL chassis. Guess I'll stop posting and just sign off now. STILL WISH THERE WAS AN UNPOST BUTTON.

Wayne
Old 08-11-2015, 09:38 PM   #36

Wayne thanks for posting the info. Let me say that I am very capable of upsetting people in this and other forums. I will say that almost every instance was because I failed to communicate my true thoughts into a short post. It is difficult to communicate on a forum with out have some hurt feelings so I try to put my thick skin on before I log in. I think we have a little miscommunication here and hope it will be a easy fix. I also find that a PM is a great way to work those miscommunication out quickly.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:11 PM   #37

Thank you dr. Phil. :-)
Old 08-12-2015, 05:31 AM   #38

Regen switch

O. So now that he parked on the side of a hill. He is a "Dr". I will now have a better respect for the "doc's post !!

X-2 on your post tho Phil. (aka "doc")

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:58 AM   #39

The Freightliner manual has 1 3/4 pages instructions for the Manual DPF Regen which maybe sufficient to most. However I have attached instructions that I had gotten from Freightliner that may also be helpful for your reference in the future, should you need them.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DPF Regeneration- I.pdf (1.72 MB, 79 views)
File Type: pdf DPF Regeneration- II.pdf (1.30 MB, 227 views)
File Type: pdf DPF Regeneration- III.pdf (1.44 MB, 57 views)
Old 08-12-2015, 10:01 AM   #40

Now that I'm Dr. Phil you will see a sharp increase in my hourly rate for advice.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote