Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2012, 01:33 PM   #1

Removing Bunk Doors?

Has anyone removed the doors from the bunk. We are thinking of removing them for convenience with the small kids.

Is there an easy way to do this with out taking out all the screws from each hinge?
Old 09-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #2

Earl,
don't know what the folding doors in your coach are like, but most folding doors hang from rollers at the top. As I said, don't know how the doors are set up but if there are hinges at either or both ends, they would need to be taken off and then you could lift the doors off the track at the top.
Hope this helps.
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJM4
Has anyone removed the doors from the bunk. We are thinking of removing them for convenience with the small kids.

Is there an easy way to do this with out taking out all the screws from each hinge?
Yes you can remove them. They are basically bi fold door like a house. Open the door and look at the top toward the door frame. You will see a screw head that is inside the metal track. That will be connected to the top hinge. If you loosen that you can move the one side of the door over. That will allow you to pull it off the bottom post. I removed ours because of the children also. It helped a lot.
klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

We have a 2011 no bunk doors. When they came out with the bunk doors it looked like it might be a bit of a pain. I understand that kids grow up and don't camp any more. Then there is just you and the significant other and you can turn it into a closet. Good idea but I'd rather have no doors on the bunks. Easier to access especially going down the road . Then again my kids are 9, 13 and 16 so I have a few more years.
TaterColo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #5

I would ask someone who specializes in door accessories for RV bunks. Most RV-servicing companies are going to have a better solution to your question since it is a niche subject.
avaross15 is offline   Reply With Quote