Old 08-20-2014, 09:54 AM   #1

Removing Trim Work around slide?

Hey guys,

I have to change out a cable for the bedroom slide. The cable change doesn't look to difficult but gaining access does. Has anyone removed the trim on the inside before? I took a brief look the other day and am not sure how it is all put together? Any pictures? What is needed to put it back together?

James

speedmerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:25 AM   #2

No I have now but I would love to know more about it.

We are suppose to brace our slide supports against the inside of the trim on both front slides. Unfortunately the trim is not very secure and provides.very little support. I would.like to.remove everything in an attempt to beef things up a bit.

Tim

Old 08-21-2014, 02:39 PM   #3

Always brace slide on top not sides..... At least that's what I was taught....

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-21-2014, 04:32 PM   #4

Ernest

When you say top ... do you mean the top edge of side or the top edge ever top of the trim. If the latter ... is there an actual brace point

Tim
Old 08-21-2014, 04:42 PM   #5

I lay mine on the top of the slide.... It braces against the wall of MH and the top of slide (not wood trim).... Works great.... Didn't use them when I first got coach but I had a scare that made me dig them out and start using them....

I was turning left and the road dipped slightly to the right and the top of the kitchen slide tilted out about a foot and then slammed back into coach.... Scared the ---- out of everyone in coach.... I immediately pulled over, did a walk-around and then installed the slide locks.... I do hang a strap off them into the coach so I'll have something that reminds me they are there and need to be removed before opening slide.... Didn't do that at first but forgetting one time will make you come up with something to remind you... Trust me on this ....

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-21-2014, 08:39 PM   #6

Ernest
What type of Berkshire do you have. Is there any for of reinforcement along the top of the slide. I fount that as I tightened the slide lock against the trim ... The trim simply bows out
Old 08-21-2014, 10:02 PM   #7

I have a 2008 Berkshire.... All I do is close my slides, take my slide lock (which is already basically adjusted for my kitchen slide) and simply lay it in place on top of slide. It's adjusted so that it's a snug fit.... All it's there for is to just keep the slide from moving out, so there's no reason to over tighten it.... I have no bulging like you mentioned.... Climb up and lay one up there and you'll see what I'm talking about.... I don't use a lock on other slides....

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-21-2014, 10:16 PM   #8
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmerchant View Post
Hey guys, I have to change out a cable for the bedroom slide. The cable change doesn't look to difficult but gaining access does. Has anyone removed the trim on the inside before? I took a brief look the other day and am not sure how it is all put together? Any pictures? What is needed to put it back together? James
Don't know about a Berkshire, but my Flagstaff trim is just attached with brads. Not hard to remove. If I ever remove it, it will go back with screws and wooden plugs to hid the screws.

Tags
slide