Old 03-15-2015, 10:34 AM   #31

Texas,
Do you know the size of your inverter? If you have the 1500 watt size, you will find that there are several outlets that are not connected to it. If you have the 2000 watt size, then all of the outlets will be connected to the inverter. In both my '08 and now in my '14, I have the 2000 watt inverter and all of my outlets work off of it.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:51 AM   #32

I have the magnum 1212 1200 watt inverter and when I called Forest River and told tech what I was doing he told me that size should handle for the new fridge but I just thought the one plug that was already back there would be connected to inverter as not sure how to make that connection and if difficult will electrician know how or do I now run som new wire?? Obviously not bright in electrical dept!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 03-15-2015, 10:52 AM   #33

Or new inverter?

Old 03-15-2015, 11:10 AM   #34

Not very savvy with electrical issues either but if the tech said it should handle it, just make sure that he knows that there may be other things running off the inverter at the same time. As I mentioned earlier, I have a 2000 watt inverter in my coach which has a residential refrigerator. I would think that you may want a larger inverter to be able to handle the electric load. Also, do you do a lot of dry camping? If not and you don't run too much off the inverter while travelling, you may, as the tech said, be fine with the inverter you have.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:27 PM   #35

I have never done this but how hard would it be to run a new line from the house battery to a small inverter just for the refrigerator?
Old 03-17-2015, 09:36 AM   #36

Texas Realtor
Prior to your installation, you had a lot of consternation about the fit. Now that it is in, can you please give some details such as the fridge model and what had to be done to fit it in. This will help me and probably a lot more. Thank You!
Old 03-17-2015, 10:00 AM   #37

Replace Dometic refrigerator with residential

Will do as I plan to take pictures once my trim guy puts final trim up around box. My RV tech was worried that it would not fit but it's 19.7 whirlpool French door and 29.5 inch wide which leaves inch or so on both sides and 68.5 total high. Goes all way up to ceiling as doors open great but not a papers width to ceiling. Removed the top trim that has a baffle in it above the Dometic but tons more space and past 5 days consistent 36 degree frig temp and 10 degree freezer. It sits on top of furnace base as I did not mess with that but imagine you could remodel that and get a few more height inches. It does stick out about 3 more inches than before as it is almost even now with my bunks when all slides are in but still opens fine with no issues. Key is the French door which is like side by side but very happy as now I need to figure out how to get that back plug connected to my inverter.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:44 AM   #38

Texas, thank you for the details and good luck on the inverter wiring issue. What model number was the Whirlpool and what year is your Berk? Please keep us posted on how you get the inverter wiring solved. Thank's for helping me and possibly many forum members.

2012 Berkshire 390BH
Old 03-20-2015, 03:30 PM   #39

Whirlpool 19.7 model wrf560seym is what I bought. I looked at Fisher and Paykel 16.9 model rf17oadx4 but will fit almost perfect and maybe stick out inch but not 3 to 4 like whirlpool does. I just don't know anything about that company though. Whirlpool does have more space.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:57 PM   #40

Replace Dometic refrigerator with residential

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1426989393.312995.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	293.0 KB
ID:	71901Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1426989412.815845.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	71902

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums. Here is final remodel. Bye bye Dometic. Sticks out 3 inches or so but DW loves its and past 19 days consistent 36 frig and 0 freezer

Tags
dometic, refrigerator