Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2015, 07:56 AM   #1

Replacing awning

Just wondering if any other Berkshire owners have or have been thinking of replacing the awning with the new two stage style that you see on the higher end coaches. I've researched and carefree make one called the MIRAGE 2-stage awning and GIRARD makes one called the NOVA two stage awning. I like the new two stage awnings because the come straight out and then the second part comes down to give us some actual shade. I've noticed on the high end busses they are mounted on top of the roof and most have two of them that are the whole length of the coach. The MIRAGE looks like it may mount on the side of the coach and may be a better fit for our berks.... I can't find prices either when I've been looking. If anyone has done this upgrade or knows of some prices, please post. I would love to do this but unsure of the $$$.

Thank you

Jason

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2014 Berkshire 390BH
2011 cadillac SRX
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:09 AM   #2

We were setup beside a (Berk) in Door Co Wis. that had a Awning setup that was made for him by (J&J Sunshades)! I talked to him about the Setup and he stated that the (Berk Awning is USELESS) for shade without the setup J&J made for his Berk! It also came Out and Down for additional covered area! Looked Better than some of the other Awning setups on ($$$$) units I have seen! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning