Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2022, 09:08 AM   #21

bikerscol,

As rednick said & I said in my original post: Yes, the cabinets have to be removed, but the dash does not.

ceedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 09:17 AM   #22
Commercial Member

The overhead cabinets will have to be removed but the dash shouldn't need to be. You can access the screws with a flex bit. Like others have stated make sure somebody is on the outside to secure the window when the mounting screws are removed. The driver window is bit heavy and awkward to maneuver
Lincman983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 08:30 PM   #23

Thanks for the info, I'll pass that along to the repair shop and see if they can do it with a flex bit and see what they say.

The side of the dash extends over the bottom edge of the window by a few inches in the corner. I don't really see how there's any room to get any kind of bit in between the dash and window.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	390QS dash.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	399.8 KB
ID:	275065  
Toad - 2017 Honda Fit
bikerscol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 09:17 AM   #24

Does the top of the side dash panel have to be removed to get access to the screws? The side dash is tightly up against the window with no way to get any tool into that gap. The only way I can see using a flex bit is to possibly remove the top panel of that side dash and go in through that opening.

On the cabinet, they've removed the side cabinet but the corner of the window is still behind the front overhead cabinet. Does the entire cabinet across the width of the windshield have to be removed or is there any access panel in that cabinet that lets the last screws up in that corner be removed?
Toad - 2017 Honda Fit
Old 06-28-2022, 07:35 AM   #25

Mine is just like yours in the picture and I'm sure they did not remove any part of the dash.
Old 06-29-2022, 04:28 PM   #26

I have seen this type of tool used to remove the trim ring. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220629-172730_Bing.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	275693
Maingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 08:13 PM   #27

Adding some updates to this thread.

The Glass shop I'm using couldn't remove all the screws around that dash panel. The only way I could access them was to remove the side dash top panel and go in with a right angle drill and drill some access holes into that side dash panel and pull the screws out that way. It worked fine and the access holes aren't really visible since that dash panel is butted up against the window frame very tightly.

I thought that was the hard part and the glass shop said they were comfortable taking down the cabinet, but now they're balking at that. I'm going to have to remove the cabinet and wondering what is involved with that. My 390QS has a side cabinet directly above the drivers side window, which appears connected to the cabinet that runs across the front of the coach and over to the passenger side cabinet. Is this one complete unit that has to be removed, or can I just remove the driver's side cabinet? I'd post some pictures but the coach is at the window shop now. I may have to go there this weekend to remove the cabinet for them if I can. I thought I could drill some access holes again in the cabinet side panel but the glass shop is saying there's some thick cabinet frame material covering the window screws which rules out drilling access holes. Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated.
Toad - 2017 Honda Fit