Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2019, 07:02 PM   #1

Roof Accent - Fairing

I am wondering are there any aftermarket type of roof siding you can add to a Berkshire XLT? I see some coaches that have roof extensions that cover the items on top (AC/Fans/Satielle) etc.? But I cant find any after market?

Suggestions?
cybertiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 07:45 PM   #2

I think that is how those are built at the factory.
Old 08-17-2019, 08:58 PM   #3

I think what you are describing is raised rails. I spoke to someone (think it was Girard) at the FMCA Perry Ga rally. They said they could add them and install the armless Girard awnings but it wasn’t gonna be cheap.

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
toad - 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
edgewant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:26 AM   #4

Just saw what you are discussing this past weekend on a new 43" Newmar. It is sharp! But if you can find front & rear facade pieces, you still have to deal with some sort of facade piece for the front that would match the curve of the roof.
Chester Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:45 AM   #5

Girard awning box roof systems are usually found on higher end coaches, as both a 'roof mount' awning system, and a way to better cover the look of the roof mounted devices... they have substantial mounting brackets that are probably designed into the base of the roof structure before it's ever mounted on the walls, which would make it difficult as an 'aftermarket' install.
The other feature is that the factories also design their front and rear caps differently, to bring the look together, giving the ends a design that matches.

Some of the coaches with Girard, or similar box awnings designs: Newmar(Dutchstar and up), American Coach(most all models), Fleetwood(Discovery LXE), Entegra(Aspire and up), Thor Tuscany, Tiffin Phaeton and up, etc.
Of course, all of the Prevost conversions use them, as well as Foretravel and Newell.

Using Girard type awning boxes puts the awnings up on the roof, rather than on the sidewall. Some have only the typical single awning over the porch-side area, but some factories offer the awnings all the way around the coach, otherwise the awning boxes are simply empty. These awning boxes also provide a way to manage water, giving the ability for corner-based gutters - no water drips and streaks down the sides of the coach.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof