Old 09-01-2015, 03:44 PM   #1

Rubber seal under wardrobe slide.

On 2011 390RB, my seal is completely mangled beyond recognition. Anyone else noticed this?

I can't imagine what it's going to take to replace a seal UNDER the slide itself.

Anyone??

Boowho??

Old 09-01-2015, 04:02 PM   #2

Boohoo, does the seal screw to the coach body? The techs in Gosgen replaced the seal under my kitchen/LR slide. The rubber flap was held on by a metal strip screwed to the body. Being mine is a TT and yours a coach it may not even be close to the same. Just an idea.
Travel safe

Old 09-01-2015, 04:34 PM   #3

My wardrobe slide is gone as well on our 390BH-60. We see daylight between the bedroom dresser and the floor.

Paul
Old 09-01-2015, 04:47 PM   #4

We had our seal under the bunk slide and the dealer replaced it with a flap that was screwed to the sude wall as described above. That is the FR suthorized the repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-01-2015, 06:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post
On 2011 390RB, my seal is completely mangled beyond recognition. Anyone else noticed this?

I can't imagine what it's going to take to replace a seal UNDER the slide itself.

Anyone??

Boowho??
Which slide?
Old 09-01-2015, 07:38 PM   #6

Boo - If it is your wardrobe slide, I had the seal problem when my Berk was one year old. The seal is called a compression seal. We were noticing metal shavings on the inside hallway floor. FR approved Lazydays to replace it. They were going to remove the slide and the was to take 19 work hours. After FR saw the dollar signs, they devised a new plan where they fished the compression seal out and replaced with a simple external lip seal (like on the hydraulic slides).

The metal shavings were from the metal spine of the seal (see my picture). The seal was ruined probably by too much compression due to the slide rollers creating a rut in the underside of the slide. I had to put metal plates screwed to the bottom side of the slide. Do you have the metal plates yet?
Hank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	130401-1244 RV Slide Problem.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	450.7 KB
ID:	87530  
Old 09-01-2015, 07:39 PM   #7

Boo - If it is your wardrobe slide, I had the seal problem when my Berk was one year old. The seal is called a compression seal. We were noticing metal shavings on the inside hallway floor. FR approved Lazydays to replace it. They were going to remove the slide and the was to take 19 work hours. After FR saw the dollar signs, they devised a new plan where they fished the compression seal out and replaced with a simple external lip seal (like on the hydraulic slides).

The metal shavings were from the metal spine of the seal (see my picture). The seal was ruined probably by too much compression due to the slide rollers creating a rut in the underside of the slide. I had to put metal plates screwed to the bottom side of the slide. Do you have the metal plates yet?
Hank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	130401-1244 RV Slide Problem.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	450.7 KB
ID:	87531  
Old 09-01-2015, 09:47 PM   #8

Boo I went out and checked mine and they look new. I see no sign of wear and nothing that could tear them up. I can't imagine how they could be so torn up.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post

Hank
Yep, your pic looks exactly like mine. I'm going to check on using the same seals as on the sides of the slide.... I have not done the metal plate upgrade.

Dan-Nickie: It's the wardrobe slide on a 2011 390 RB

Boowho??
Old 09-01-2015, 11:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Boo I went out and checked mine and they look new. I see no sign of wear and nothing that could tear them up. I can't imagine how they could be so torn up.

Mine is "munged" as badly as the one in Hank's picture.

Boowho??

Tags
slide