Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 09:35 AM   #11
Gold Miner At Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Running lights are better than people that put a bright white light on a post and then leave it on all night.
Well I do like to have a light on at the front of the 5er that is different but I don't leave it on all night. When I go to bed all outside lights go off. I just recently made a 4' lighthouse that the light slowly fades on and off. If this offends people then I'm sorry. I don't think it's any different then awning lights. I'm confused how people are leaving all the running lights on. This must be a feature on new units I guess.

Old 03-12-2016, 09:58 AM   #12
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa-t View Post
Well I do like to have a light on at the front of the 5er that is different but I don't leave it on all night. When I go to bed all outside lights go off. I just recently made a 4' lighthouse that the light slowly fades on and off. If this offends people then I'm sorry. I don't think it's any different then awning lights. I'm confused how people are leaving all the running lights on. This must be a feature on new units I guess.
That is pretty neat.

If I was in a location like Big Bend it would annoy me... Otherwise I do not really care, different strokes for different folks. To me leaving your lights on is no more annoying than the other things around the campgrounds.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
Old 03-12-2016, 10:18 AM   #13

We use ours to help the kids find the camper. There off at bed time unless they are not there yet. Sorry if you don't like it ...........

Among 800 other campers something needs to stand out its like daytime anyway...........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Old 03-12-2016, 10:21 AM   #14
Gold Miner At Heart

I only use the lighthouse at the coast when camping. Everyone seems to like it. However if camping in a place like Big Bend then no. All lights would be left off.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:24 AM   #15
Who Dares, Wins

Does the light house confuse the other boaters along the coast? J/K

I can see using it to "light the way" for the little one to get home, but she is too small for that... Yet.... I have curtains to block the light as night.

Between the street lights along the roads, cars driving and the golf carts cruising around there is worse light pollution around the campgrounds.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
Old 03-12-2016, 11:27 AM   #16

I have never seen Class A's with the running lights on. I have seen several travel trailers & 5th wheels.

Maybe they are truck drivers and love chicken lights...?
Old 03-12-2016, 11:57 AM   #17
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
If you hold your trailer plug with the plug in side facing you, and the locating lug at the top, jump between the top two .....11 and 1 o'clock ......battery power and running lights.And depends where your camp'n and safety issues.......so get over it..
Old 03-12-2016, 12:02 PM   #18
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJM4 View Post
I have never seen Class A's with the running lights on. I have seen several travel trailers & 5th wheels.

Maybe they are truck drivers and love chicken lights...?
Class A are a whole different wiring system....you think if you left your park'n lights on..........
Old 03-12-2016, 12:05 PM   #19

I don't think that is an option but it is a mod i'm sure. I for one would not want my running lights on after I'm set up in a campsite, so rude.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:54 PM   #20

[QUOTE=bob caldwell;1128156]If you hold your trailer plug with the plug in side facing you, and the locating lug at the top, jump between the top two .....11 and 1 o'clock ......battery power and running lights.And depends where your camp'n and safety issues.......so get over

How exactly is this a safety issue? It's rude to leave the stupid lights on. It spoils the lake view and it looks absolutely ridiculous. I guess I'm not getting over it.

Tags
light