Old 12-24-2011, 02:04 AM   #11
Future Berkshire Owner

Just wondering, are the mpg numbers being posted here from the dash computer or directly computed from miles driven divided by how much you put in your tank?

Old 12-24-2011, 10:09 AM   #12

I have been averaging about 10mpg computed manually. We keep track of when, where, how much diesel we take and the mileage at every fill up. I keep the speed around 65mph.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:25 AM   #13
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Just wondering, are the mpg numbers being posted here from the dash computer or directly computed from miles driven divided by how much you put in your tank?
For me, the 11 with tow and 12.5 w/out tow (and empty tanks) are from miles driven divided by how much I put into the tank. Also, both numbers are ~99% freeway miles with no idle time on engine. And I try to keep it around 65 mph. Very rarely do I go faster than 70.

The 14.0 during a 3 hour trip was from the dash read-out (must have been going downhill the whole way or something.....)

And a tidbit on the DEF usage, I used 9.0 gallons over 3,400 miles. That's actual use, including idle time. Paid $2.69/gallon for the stuff at a Pilot station.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #14

these are all interesting comparisons, i have a toad fiat pop, an dash told me 44 mpg i thought no way, figured it out manually an came out the same, thought that was interesting ... now to find right dealer, i got 378 at lazydays, fl. been looking at mhsrv outside Dallas an we live in Ga. unfortunately FR dealers around Atlanta don't offer anything like these big dealers ... any thoughts on dealers, would love to hear about it ... what bothers me the worst an all of us i'm sure, are we really getting a good deal when one dealer can be 10k more less than another dealer .. yikes .... Merry Christmas rv'ers
Old 12-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #15
Future Berkshire Owner

Impressive numbers you guys. I must be doing something wrong. Last summer in our inaugural trip, which was about 6000 miles total, we got about 7.5mpg towing our chevy venture and running the gen for rear A/C (we had 7 passengers in the back so we had to keep it cooler). Without the gen we got 8-8.5, with keeping my speed down to 60-65 and running in Eco mode for the transmission. I have the larger transmission/engine setup on a 2012 chassis. Maybe it'll get better when I get better at driving this thing, or when it breaks in a bit more.

Tags
berkshire