Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2011, 09:01 AM   #1

RV Direct

Has anyone dealt with rv direct? I'm looking at a 390BH and they seem to be the best price that I can find from coast to coast. I'm new to these forums and have been searching the forum from my iPhone while seeding up here in Saskatchewan.

Also has anyone run their rig in cold weather? -10C?
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:11 AM   #2

I think you will find that a few here have purchased their 390bh coaches from RV Direct. I did and was fairly pleased with the way everything went. I did have a little problem in that I felt that they amount that they allowed me on a 1.5 year old trade in of a class c was low and they absolutely refused to negotiate in any way. Other than that, everything went very well.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar
I think you will find that a few here have purchased their 390bh coaches from RV Direct. I did and was fairly pleased with the way everything went. I did have a little problem in that I felt that they amount that they allowed me on a 1.5 year old trade in of a class c was low and they absolutely refused to negotiate in any way. Other than that, everything went very well.
Thank you. They seem good to deal with on the phone. We'll see when I fly to buffalo to pick it up
Old 05-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #4

Check Coates RV in Minneapolis. They matched the discounters' price for our fifth, and great people to deal with.
crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
2011 Berkshire 390bh

We bought from RV Direct and were very pleased. We purchased ours at Buffalo RV and everything went as promised with no hassles. We have a nice situation in that we live about 6 miles from Buffalo RV, so it is convenient as well. We also priced nationwide and they beat everyone else by thousands.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #6

Thank you. I also found that they beat everyone else by $$$$'s. I'm probably 2000 miles away here in central Saskatchewan so getting the rig I should have s good test driving it home. Just waiting to find out about getting the 15k ac in front.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #7
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Let me know about what you find out about the front A/C. We've been contemplating the same change with ours. Best guy to get a hold of at Buffalo RV on service issues is Brandon. Good guy and very efficient. If you need anything while you are in our area let me know.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #8

Will do should know tomorrow. I think if it will be a deal breaker they will do it. I had heartland willing to put dual pane windows in a cyclone toyhauler because it was the same windows as one of there hi end trailers. I didn't end up buying it but if it's in their factory they will make it work.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:09 PM   #9

Hi,

We bought our 2011 360FWS from McMamahon RV Center in Colton, CA. We got a great deal that was well below what RV Direct was asking. Right now with fuel prices up the dealers are not moving many units. If you have good credit you should be able to negotiate agreat deal for yourself.

Fred
Grid_Control is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:40 AM   #10

I checked with them as well. They didn't have one with the options an colors I was wanting. They didn't have near the deal rv direct gave me on ordering a brand new one from the factory. Trust me I checked nation wide. Most dealers are trying to get rid of what's on there lot. I'm satisfied it might built mid to late June
Old 05-20-2011, 01:46 AM   #11

I had a great quote for my 5er from RV direct I also had one from RVW and went with them, now I wish I had stuck with RV Direct, nothing but grief from RVW.

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel 2000 Honda S2000
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:42 AM   #12

RV Direct, RVONE Orlando Rv etc. All the same company. Bought a used class C from them here in Orlando then traded it in for my Georgetown a few months later thru them. They are easy to deal with and had great pricing. Don't expect much help from their service department. Hopefully they will get that situation turned around since they are still fairly new here in town. If they can just get their act together in the service department I believe might find that it can be a huge profit center for them.
peskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #13
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Their service department here in Buffalo has been pretty good for us. They has some rough spots early on, but have been doing much better lately.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #14

Good to hear that. Same company just different brother running the operation.
peskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #15

Yes, My wife and I ordered a Rockwood 2702ss from them and had it delivered to our home in Kansas in November 2010. Over all was a pretty good experience, they have delt with a few warranty issues as well. The savings was well worth going through them.

Hope this helps

2009 F150 SCREW4x4 Prodigy P3 and tow package Valley WDH and dual anti sway
2006 Party Barge 21 90 Merc Optimax
2011 RockWood 2702 SS arrived 11.10.2010
nights camped 2010 6
threegr8katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #16

Well I've cooled down now. They came up with a $6500 price increase after I had the sales contract signed. In the fine print i think it alows them to. I don't think it's entirely their fault The factory may have kept them in the dark. The prices they were quoting were for 2011 and since the factory is changing to 2012 production they didn't have the new pricing yet. Also some of the option are not available any more and different paint. They did this to me on Saturday so I phoned around and got one ordered from Detroit which came in cheaper than my new quote from rv direct.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:05 PM   #17

Also I will probably try to deal with them on my next rv but, I'll deal at a different time of year.I also called buffalo rv since that's where the pick up was going to be and they seemed very willing to deal but since they were tied in with rv direct I chose to go elsewhere that day. On Saturday I then put down a deposit and ordered my 2012 390BH the FR rep told it should be late June delivery.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigels View Post
I had a great quote for my 5er from RV direct I also had one from RVW and went with them, now I wish I had stuck with RV Direct, nothing but grief from RVW.
Nigel...Sorry you are still having grief from RVW. You two deserve so much better service from them.

BOB
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #19

I bought the Rockwood HW276 camper from RVDirect. I am a first time buyer and first time tower. If your experienced, it's pretty nice - just go, inspect, pick up and leave. For a first timer on towing, it created a lot of anxiety for me. For example, I knew my SUV had a towing package but I had to install a brake controller (installed by a local dealer) before going to pick it up. Also, you can't just pickup a popup camper and go camping. Had to dewinterize myself but the rvdirect guy gave me instructions on how to proceed. Also realized that fresh water tanks had to be flushed out and sanitized (provided in the instructions). Of course, backing it into my garage and realizing the only way it will fit is if I let out some air out of the tires, then refill once inside the garage (I thank the local FR dealer for that tip). Then actually positioning inside the garage was another interesting issue (since I'm not that great at backing it up). Otherwise, I did save some money. Although this might sound negative, it was an overall positive first timer experience. I'm thinking by next year, I'll be one of the ol' pros at this
vinman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:50 AM   #20
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinman72 View Post
I bought the Rockwood HW276 camper from RVDirect. I am a first time buyer and first time tower. If your experienced, it's pretty nice - just go, inspect, pick up and leave. For a first timer on towing, it created a lot of anxiety for me. For example, I knew my SUV had a towing package but I had to install a brake controller (installed by a local dealer) before going to pick it up. Also, you can't just pickup a popup camper and go camping. Had to dewinterize myself but the rvdirect guy gave me instructions on how to proceed. Also realized that fresh water tanks had to be flushed out and sanitized (provided in the instructions). Of course, backing it into my garage and realizing the only way it will fit is if I let out some air out of the tires, then refill once inside the garage (I thank the local FR dealer for that tip). Then actually positioning inside the garage was another interesting issue (since I'm not that great at backing it up). Otherwise, I did save some money. Although this might sound negative, it was an overall positive first timer experience. I'm thinking by next year, I'll be one of the ol' pros at this

'Tis all a learning experience that we have all been through in one fashion or another. You can always tell the RV owners by their sloped foreheads from beating their heads against the wal saying, "Why did I do that!"