Old 06-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #11

there seems to be a better knowledge base than what is put in the trailer. i pulled mine out from under the chair and thumbed thru it again. it's still vague.
i hate to say it, but my automobile manual isn't detailed enough for me. i tend to buy a service manual to go along with it. i like to know more abt the wiring and how it is run.
i believed i got turned off on my trailer manuel when it used examples from a tag along rather than a 5th wheel.
those things that are specific to the trailer ie drain lines, explain what they are and what they drain. how abt covering winterizing?
i believe too much is assumed. i have learned more on this and another forum in the past year abt my trailer than i did in the previous 15.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #12

I just purchased a 2011 Berkshire and the new manuals are just pathetic. I have questions that should be in a manaual but are not. I have to keep calling the dealer to ask what are probably silly questions but I need answers.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #13
GM

Post them here...the forum loves silly questions. Makes us all feel useful. Plus, if someone else comes along with the same questions the answers are already here.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:42 PM   #14

I'd be happy

I understand the idea of a general manual that covers several models, even auto owner manuals do this to some extent but I'd be happy with just a simple this is where things are diagram right now. We just bought a 28BHXL Wildwood, really like it, but trying to learn for those "just in case" problems I've discovered I have no idea where the slide motor is or the water pump. The manual showed a picture of a slide motor and told how to manually run in the slide but not much good if I can't locate it. I've been taking off panels, crawling under, around, still haven't found them. How hard or costly would it be to throw in a paper specific to a model that shows where things like this are?!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #15

Don't worry, have you really looked at your owners manuals for your recent automobiles? They are very vague at best and they "touch" on every option, that is every option available, and in print following each sub-section is states "if such equipped". Nothing in your vehicle manuals refer to troubleshooting or none the less to repair anything.

What I would like to see is a PDF version of the trailer which are archived on a website available to registered owners, which are listed by year. Create the file, forget printing it with the trailer, and allow the owners who are interested to log on and find something about their trailer, then archive them for 10 yrs or so. PDF's can also have links embedded to direct someone to the appropriate component's website (i.e. furnace, water heater, fridge, axles, etc.)
Old 06-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #16
Site Team - Lou

FR generic Manual in Office format.
Not sure what year.
Working on getting the PDF file size increased.
Attached Files
File Type: doc FRManual.doc (8.72 MB, 33 views)

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #17
GM

I have it in pdf format. But its 13.1MB
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 06-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #18
GM

Whoops, never mind I have the motorized manual.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #19
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I have it in pdf format. But its 13.1MB
I have a request in to Janet to increase the allowable PDF size so you can upload it! Thank you.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #20

I personally don't need one, my suggestion is general, I just think the world prints too many papers already, why not cut costs and generate the same info in a format one can download as needed, on the Forest River website under customer support?