Old 10-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #1

RV Repair Facility Near Hershey, PA

My roof AC is leaking and I am looking for a reliable RV repair facility. I am currently near Hershey, PA and will be heading back to NY in a day or so. Does anyone have any experience with any RV repair facilities in the area? My AC is not leaking from the drains and I tightened the hold down bolts and is not leaking from the gasket. It is leaking from the rear part of the AC inside where the dump vent is located. Above the dump vent there is a fan cage and near the cage toward the rear there is a rectangular piece where it is leaking from. I took the inside cover off and that is where I can see where it is leaking from.
Thanks.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

If i'm not mistaken there is a Camping World near there . It may be called Grumbines RV/ Camping World. It could be closer to Harrisburg... not sure.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #3

There's also a Berkshire dealer in Hamburg PA, not too far from you. It's right across the street from a Cabela's, so while they are looking at your coach you could pass the time there.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #4

Great, thank you Grayfox and mf4110 for the info.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Great, thank you Grayfox and mf4110 for the info.
Enjoy your trip
Old 10-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #6

Please let us know if anyone was able to fix it and what they did. We had the same problem during high humidity times and after inquires to the dealer and an attempted fix (or they just sort of inspected it) at another service place we ended up finishing out the summer with a plastic tub under it to keep the bed from getting soaked. :/
Old 10-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #7

Do not use Grumbines!!!!! We bought & took our old TT their for service & it was an absolute nightmare every time! Every time we would call for service or to get an update no one would answer the phone & if they did they would have no clue what you were talking about. We have had many friends take their RV's their and they have had bad experiences also. We bought our 5th wheel at the other dealer mentioned in this thread, in Hamburg, Boat n RV. I would highly recommend them. We had ours in for service/warranty work last month & they were nothing but nice. I would highly recommend Boat n RV, its not as close but Trust me you will be glad you didn't go to Grumbines.
Gone but not 4 gotten
bee191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #8

You could also try Art Etnoyer's RV repair. He does mobile work and also has a shop about 20 minutes from Hershey.

(717)433-7162

Where are you staying at Hershey. We live West of Hershey in Mechanicsburg.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #9

Not sure if you have had success but Coach Care in Harrisburg is great to work with also.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar
My roof AC is leaking and I am looking for a reliable RV repair facility. I am currently near Hershey, PA and will be heading back to NY in a day or so. Does anyone have any experience with any RV repair facilities in the area? My AC is not leaking from the drains and I tightened the hold down bolts and is not leaking from the gasket. It is leaking from the rear part of the AC inside where the dump vent is located. Above the dump vent there is a fan cage and near the cage toward the rear there is a rectangular piece where it is leaking from. I took the inside cover off and that is where I can see where it is leaking from.
Thanks.

How did you make out?