Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #1

Satellite Dish Problems

I just had an automatic satellite dish installed on the roof of our 2011 390bh Berkshire. I ordered the second receiver from Dish Network for the bedroom with RF remote so it would work from the bedroom. My problem is I can only watch the same program on both TV so if the kids are watching cartoons it is on both TV. I have looked at it and every thing looks to be hooked up correctly but I know there probably an audio video expert out there that can tall me what is wrong. I have tried to change the remote codes thinking that both receivers were programmed for the same remote controls.
csichoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #2

Sounds like both tvs have the input set to the cable input and are receiving the same signal. To separate them, there should be an hdmi cable connecting each receiver to its respective tv. Then set the tv input to that hdmi cable.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by csichoice View Post
I just had an automatic satellite dish installed on the roof of our 2011 390bh Berkshire. I ordered the second receiver from Dish Network for the bedroom with RF remote so it would work from the bedroom. My problem is I can only watch the same program on both TV so if the kids are watching cartoons it is on both TV. I have looked at it and every thing looks to be hooked up correctly but I know there probably an audio video expert out there that can tall me what is wrong. I have tried to change the remote codes thinking that both receivers were programmed for the same remote controls.

What brand/model antenna do you have on the roof?? If you don't have a Winegard Trav'ler (or equivalent antenna from another vendor) you will have problems watching/recording multiple programs at the same time coming from different satellites

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #4

I have the Winegard travler SK-100 Automatic Multi Satellite with Dish Network receivers model VIP211K
csichoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by csichoice View Post
I have the Winegard travler SK-100 Automatic Multi Satellite with Dish Network receivers model VIP211K
No problems there with the antenna, so that is not your problem. I have a VIP722K which is dual tuner; I suspect that having two VIP211K's is equivalent. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote