Old 12-08-2015, 10:20 AM   #1

Satellite TV Hookup

I have a 2015 Bershire XL 40QL and want to hookup up satellite tv. I have found the inside cable connection marked Satellite Prep but where is the outside connection that I connect the satellite dish to? I may be putting it permanently on the roof or may use a portable that is set up on the ground. How and where do I connect the satellite dish so that it feeds to the Satellite Prep connection inside?

Old 12-08-2015, 10:28 AM   #2

What you have found is your SAT prewire coax and the other end is stowed unterminated in the ceiling. The stowed location varies by MH type but the Berkshire site on this forum does address the rooftop SAT antenna install. For a carryout SAT antenna I use the park cable connection but your MH may also have a dedicated port for a carryout.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:29 AM   #3

Usually, either on the roof, in the service bay, or the left rear corner of the coach.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS

I am nice!
Old 12-08-2015, 10:33 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
What you have found is your SAT prewire coax and the other end is stowed unterminated in the ceiling. The stowed location varies by MH type but the Berkshire site on this forum does address the rooftop SAT antenna install. For a carryout SAT antenna I use the park cable connection but your MH may also have a dedicated port for a carryout.
Thanks! Do I have to do any special connection using the park cable connection or just connect the receiver to the "powered" cable connection and not use the Satellite Prep connection?
Old 12-08-2015, 10:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Thanks! Do I have to do any special connection using the park cable connection or just connect the receiver to the "powered" cable connection and not use the Satellite Prep connection?
Old 12-08-2015, 06:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamthiess View Post

Won't work on the park/cable connection since it is split after the input. Satellite signal unfortunately will not go through the splitter before your receiver. You'll need to run a separate line directly into the receiver from the dish. On the roof, towards the front is where your roof line is. That goes directly to the one you mentioned earlier labeled sat prep

Jason

Tags
satellite