Old 06-03-2015, 10:41 PM   #11

Honestly, it all depends on what you want. I have the Direct-TV Winegard Travl-r open faced automatic dish which locates all three satellites to include all of my local and HD programming no matter where I am. Yes the dish was a little pricey but, this dish is the best I've ever owned!! I've had a dome dish on other units and could barley get signal in certain areas and if it rained or was humid out, I'd loose signal! With this dish I've gotten 90% signal in very covered areas and have never lost signal in a storm or any other time! I've posted a pic of a place I got signal where I never thought I would but I had 98% on all three satellites! Again I believe you get what you pay for and I love this dish.

JasonClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1433385671.157158.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	78980

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2014 Berkshire 390BH
2011 cadillac SRX

Old 06-04-2015, 07:33 AM   #12

I have Direct TV for the sole selfish reason the have NFL Ticket.

Old 06-04-2015, 07:54 AM   #13

Satellite TV providers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbendr View Post
Just looked into the Winegard SK SWM3 TRAV'LER and yes then Direct has HD available, but that's another $1600, not including install. I might have to settle for Dish and find a couple receivers online instead of buying them from Dish. I have the brand new antenna on there now, might as well make it useful.
I use my Dish receiver from the house when we travel so no additional expense. That receiver accepts two HD inputs so I can watch 2 different changes or DVR one channel while watching another.
Also have you looked into Dishes RV receiver that you only pay when you travel.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15berkxl View Post
I use my Dish receiver from the house when we travel so no additional expense. That receiver accepts two HD inputs so I can watch 2 different changes or DVR one channel while watching another.
Also have you looked into Dishes RV receiver that you only pay when you travel.
If you are talking about the "pay as you go" , then yes, but they still are charging me to buy the receiver from them (or find on Ebay as was mentioned). Taking yours from home sounds like a great idea but would not work for me...I have verizon FIOS at home but as soon as we leave here, it won't be my home. We are hitting the road full time.

tnbendr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite