Old 01-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #11
2011 Berkshire 390BH
We have a 2011 390BH that had the exact same problem as well. Had the dealer work on this under warranty. The techs confirmed the excessive smell and pinpointed the problem to the washer/dryer unit. They informed me the drain-pipe from the w/d was not sealed correctly (drain hose from unit was just shoved into line) and they said they had to properly seal it (not sure what they did, exactly).

We've had two short trips since then with no smell so it seems to be OK now. Will know more for sure this spring.

LiteEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:13 AM   #12
I found it. Like another poster, my W/D unit drain hose drapes into the ABS drain like at home, but there was nothing sealing it! So, a nice big gaping hole straight to the smelly gray tank. Doesn't take much negative pressure to pull that awful smell into the coach. The good news is that I was able to get to it through the access panel in the closet and fix it. I used a 2" rubber cap from Ace, cut a hole in the center slightly smaller than the hose, pushed the hose through, and fastened it to the standpipe with a hose clamp. Perfect seal, no smell.

2011 390BH
MotoWood is offline   Reply With Quote