Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Batts-toy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 727
No problem here. charter cable also.
__________________

__________________
Dale & Terri, Lulu & Tiki (our Chihuahua's), New rescue puppy Prince - Pom/Pug mix.
2013 Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7, TRD Off-Road, 4X4, Full Tow Package
2013 Wildwood T26TBSS - Sold
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 25
Yes, same message. I spent the better part of the day tuning-up and updating Internet Explorer 8 etc. with no improvement. Finally I downloaded Google Chrome with much relief. I don't know what the script is that runs in IE8 but it totally paralyzed things for me.

Previously I avoided Chrome, and if fact, have been irritated every time it tries to download but I am impressed with the difference. The Forum pages come right up and there is no more waiting while all the ads download.

I hope someone finds out what the scripts are and how to disable them. In the meantime I'm Chrome!
__________________

__________________
bspickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Batts-toy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspickler View Post
Yes, same message. I spent the better part of the day tuning-up and updating Internet Explorer 8 etc. with no improvement. Finally I downloaded Google Chrome with much relief. I don't know what the script is that runs in IE8 but it totally paralyzed things for me.

Previously I avoided Chrome, and if fact, have been irritated every time it tries to download but I am impressed with the difference. The Forum pages come right up and there is no more waiting while all the ads download.

I hope someone finds out what the scripts are and how to disable them. In the meantime I'm Chrome!
bspickler is onto something, I haven't had any script problems and I am using Google Chrome.
__________________
Dale & Terri, Lulu & Tiki (our Chihuahua's), New rescue puppy Prince - Pom/Pug mix.
2013 Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7, TRD Off-Road, 4X4, Full Tow Package
2013 Wildwood T26TBSS - Sold
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #14
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspickler View Post
Yes, same message. I spent the better part of the day tuning-up and updating Internet Explorer 8 etc. with no improvement. Finally I downloaded Google Chrome with much relief. I don't know what the script is that runs in IE8 but it totally paralyzed things for me.

Previously I avoided Chrome, and if fact, have been irritated every time it tries to download but I am impressed with the difference. The Forum pages come right up and there is no more waiting while all the ads download.

I hope someone finds out what the scripts are and how to disable them. In the meantime I'm Chrome!
Agree, Chrome works for the forum, but I sure don't like the rest of it. I'll switch back if they ever get IE working.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #15
PPST OGCDG
 
Frank-VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Between I-95 & The Great Dismal Swamp
Posts: 2,163
Same message here Verizon DSL
__________________
Frank- VA {:-{)
2004 4x4 Ford 6.0 PS, SCC, SB
2005 Wildcat 29 RLBS
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,258
It must be one of the ads running here, as no other site gives me grief.
There is no way I am going to download google anything on my computer, so I hope someone fixes the issue or gets rid of the ad causing the problems.
It is very frustrating.
__________________
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #17
Anacortesians
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Anacortes, WA
Posts: 1,167
It may be your browser that's your problem, if you're using Internet Explorer. I have to use that POS for a couple of sites we use, but the majority of my browsing is with Google Chrome, which is at least 8 time faster than IE.

Bear in mind that I'm back in the Internet dinosaur era, still using Windows XP and IE8, but Chrome works very well for me.
__________________
Frank and Eileen
No longer RVers or FR owners
F and E Damp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
B and B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmot Twp, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,604
Try Chrome

IE hangs, Chrome does fly just fine. Rogers cable, Windows 8, Chrome
__________________
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by F and E Damp View Post
It may be your browser that's your problem, if you're using Internet Explorer. I have to use that POS for a couple of sites we use, but the majority of my browsing is with Google Chrome, which is at least 8 time faster than IE.

Bear in mind that I'm back in the Internet dinosaur era, still using Windows XP and IE8, but Chrome works very well for me.
My browser is fine, it is this site that is the problem.
__________________
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #20
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
My browser is fine, it is this site that is the problem.
There is a simple solution.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.