Old 06-11-2016, 04:30 AM   #1

Slide Out Problem

My 2010 - 36' full body slide is going in and out very slowly recently and sounds like there may be something obstructing it. Does anyone know how to get into the mechanism to see if there is anything blocking the slide operation? I cannot find any access panels.

2014 - 240 days of camping
2015 - 210 days of camping
2016 - 265 days of camping
2017 - 215 days camping so far
RNuzzolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNuzzolo View Post
My 2010 - 36' full body slide is going in and out very slowly recently and sounds like there may be something obstructing it. Does anyone know how to get into the mechanism to see if there is anything blocking the slide operation? I cannot find any access panels.
Not sure what model you have, but if it is an BAL Accuslide then it will be operated by an electric motor and series of cables and pulleys. I'm guessing since it is a moho it will be a top mounted mechanism. You will have to remove your upper wood trim to get to it. If your side is closed, you might be able to see the mechanism from the front side, but that's just to see it. On mine there is a 3/4 inch wide trim that runs the horizontal on the wood trim, you can pry that out carefully and expose the screws that mount the wood trim and hopefully they didn't put too much glue behind it. If they did you have to carefully pry or tap a narrow tapered piece of wood behind to break the glue loose.
That should get you started and hope it helps!

tnbendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:35 AM   #3

Thank you. My issue actually was a small leak in the hydraulic system causing the ATF to be low. I fixed the leak and all is well again. Thanks for your reply.

2014 - 240 days of camping
2015 - 210 days of camping
2016 - 265 days of camping
2017 - 215 days camping so far
RNuzzolo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out