Old 05-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #1

Slide(s) question

Hello all,

Just a quick question for you guys. Catching up on the posts here got me thinking about our MH. Reading about motors going out and slides stuck in the in/out position has me worried and ignorant to what I have.

On my 2013 390BH are my slides all electric motor or hydraulic assisted? The reason I ask is 3 on my slides are quiet and very smooth. The wardrobe/bunks is quite a but louder compared to the others and slower. It definitely sounds like an electric motor. The louder sound is not new and has been like that since our walkthrough. Thanks in advance for the education.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:29 PM   #2

I don't know about your model, but on mine the 2 bedroom slides are electric and the living room is hydraulic. My model does not have the kitchen slide.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:31 PM   #3
Cyclone

Your coach is similar to mine. The dinnette and kitchen slide are hydraulic and use the same pump and valve as the leveling system. The bed slide is electric and uses a gear and pinion set up. The bunk slide is also electric but uses a motor and cables to pull the slide in and out.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forest River Forums mobile app

Camping nights: 2015 - 19, 2014 - 39, 2013 - 48
beipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:04 PM   #4

I have a 2014 390 BH-60 which is probably the same layout you have. The front two slides are hydraulic and the back two are electric. Funny you should post this but this weekend my bunkhouse slide stopped working. It will move out about 6 inches and the motor starts clicking. I will push on it and it will go out another 2 inches and then stop again and the motor stop starts clicking again. From this position it goes no further out. To get it back in I have to push it from the outside while my wife pushes in button. It is almost like something is jammed up after a certain point. I took off the valance above the TV in the bedroom and I was able to see the motor and the pulleys on the top portion and didn't they did not appear to be broken or off the track. I am sending an email to Randy at Forest River after work this evening to hear his thoughts. I hope you don't have a problem with that slide ours was also louder than all the other slides. Let the fun begin.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:12 PM   #5

Chris,
I had the same problem with my bunk slide on my '14 coach. The motor/gear box that is over the bunk area (it is 1 unit) is shot and needs to be replaced. Everything will look fine but you will have the problem you are describing.
Good luck.
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:12 PM   #6

For what it is worth, for sure, the Wardrobe (bunk) slide is electric as several noted and I'd like to add that the motor is in the bedroom above the upper dresser cabinets. This slide has pulleys and cables (which gives me shivers). I will for sure be following this one to get educated on this particular slide.

I did previously have to learn about the bed slide, since I did have a problem and FYI, I posted my repair.

Good Luck
Bed Slide Problem
Old 05-19-2014, 03:35 PM   #7

The bunk slide gear/motor went out just after our first trip (2014 390bh). Once it was fixed, it's been flawless. Still a bit noisy for my liking though, however I attribute it to the movement of the cables and pulleys.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:35 PM   #8
Cyclone

Looks like FR moved the mechanism for the bunk slide between 13 & 14. In the 13s with the old layout in the bedroom and the TV in the corner against the bunk wall, I believe the motor is above the top bunk and accessible from the removable panel above the top bunk.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forest River Forums mobile app

Camping nights: 2015 - 19, 2014 - 39, 2013 - 48
beipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:41 PM   #9

We have a 2012 Berkshire with a large slide that has been in the shop 3 times as it keeps creeping out. Still creeps out alarm is coming on the equalizer system when coach is started. We can not drive as the slide will not stay in. Contacted Forest River waiting for there fix! Anyone with seminar problem. Thank You!
Old 05-19-2014, 04:25 PM   #10

Thanks for the replies. Makes you wonder why the wardrobe/bunk slide wasn't put on the hydraulic system because of the size of the slide. Anyone know if the bed and wardrobe use the same motor. Thinking about carrying an extra if they are the same. Pulleys and cables too if they are packaged easy enough to store.

Tags
slide, slide out