Old 04-22-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
Slide seal falling off

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1398200746.179769.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	50711my slide seal is sliding down. Any one know how to keep this from happening? 2011 Berkshire QS390

jrayburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:59 PM   #2
I would guess weather strip adhesive would work. That is what holds the weather strip in cars on. You can pick it up at ant auto parts store.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app

2007 GMC 2500 Duramax Crew Cab LB
2008 5th Wheel Cardinal 36LE
R Whitlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:56 PM   #3
Two of mine did this. The strip also stuck to the slide and would pull out of the track. Two problems.
First, there is a tap screw at the bottom of each strip that goes through the strip and into the coach. You have to set that screw through the rubber again. I was able to move a 1/8 to a 1/4 inch from the original hole and tap the rubber again. Use the same hole into the coach. Try not to over-tighten it or you will punch through the rubber again. Been there, done that. Once you have the strip holding at the bottom again, make sure the rest of it is in the track up the side of the coach. Definitely need a ladder.
Now if you also have the strip coming out of the track when the slide extends, use a conditioner for the rubber and it won't stick to the slide. Boeing makes a great product and I got mine from Camping World. You can also use a product made by Honda. Does the same thing and made for conditioning the rubber without degrading it. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need something else.

JJvike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:26 PM   #4
I had the same problem on one of mine. I did the same repair as above. It's pretty common.
2013 Berkshire 390BH
Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:58 PM   #5
I give mine a good dose of silicone spray that I get from Walmart. It worked good last year, but I have not opened the slide yet this year. You do have to reapply midsummer & again just before storing it for the winter.
2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2010 Toyota Tundra 4WD
lswartz is offline   Reply With Quote