Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2015, 03:26 PM   #1

Slides and jacks stuck

Went to leave Sequoia NP this morning and our hydraulic slides won't come in and our jacks only retracted part. We've checked all the fuses and talked to a tech at our dealer. Our only thought is the hydraulic pump died. When you try to retract jacks I can hear the pump make a little click...but nothing. We've called Coach Net and have a tech coming on Monday. Any other thoughts on what our problem could be?

On the positive note: there are worse places to be stuck than a beautiful national park.
Kelsma03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 03:55 PM   #2

Not to state the obvious, but you didn't mention if you checked the fluid reservoir to see if it developed a crack and was emptied.

And you are correct a beautiful national park sure beats out a WalMart parking lot to be stuck in.

Good luck,
Don
dmdrj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 04:33 PM   #3

That was my first check, fluid more than half full.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #4
Berkshire club

Does your pump have a solenoid bolted right beside the motor? if so you can jump with a screwdriver across the two big terminals , one is battery and the other is activated when the solenoid closes contacts) if the motor or pump runs then your solenoid is sticking or is bad mine has this same setup
Old 01-24-2015, 06:50 PM   #5

My 2008 also has a manual pump, but I haven't ever tried to figure out how it works. I guess I had better figure it out now that I've said something about it.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
NV245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:04 PM   #6
Berkshire club

do you know if it has the allen hex bit emergency slot on the end of the motor? my goody kit had one that came in it it is about 10 in or so and is flexable as to use a power drill to run the pump to allow an emergency retraction i can get a pic of the bit tool from my kit
Old 01-24-2015, 07:07 PM   #7
Berkshire club

it's no big deal anyway the service guy should have a solenoid on his truck and or fuses and i bet he will test it , those solenoids do go out a lot on autos and are very inexpensive as apposed to a motor or pump.after all your at the best waiting room in the world
Old 01-26-2015, 04:31 PM   #8

Slides and jacks stuck

The solenoids were fine. Tech thinks the motor went bad. Was able to get our slides in and jacks up and we are driving to their shop. Of course we can't find a replacement motor, Equalizer seems to be closed because of the east snow. Gotta love RVing!
Old 01-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsma03 View Post
The solenoids were fine. Tech thinks the motor went bad. Was able to get our slides in and jacks up and we are driving to their shop. Of course we can't find a replacement motor, Equalizer seems to be closed because of the east snow. Gotta love RVing!
Did the technician get the slides and jacks up by using an electric drill and coupling to turn the pump? Just curious in case this happens to me sometime.
Hank
I-RV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, slide, slide out