Old 02-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #11

Also Soon to Be a Berkshire Owner

We're picking up our Berkshire 390RB-40L March 1, 2013 or mid-next week in Sewell, NJ. Although I thoroughly understand the winterization process with a conventional HWH tank, the winterization instructions regarding the on-demand hot water heater in the generic Forest River Motorhome Manual are a bit vague (e.g: "open bypass"?). Any insight on this?

Old 02-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #12

No not really. I haven't been too concerned about it cause mine is stored and I heat the barn when I need to. Sorry!

Old 03-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #13

Since my original post inquiring about winterizing an on-demand HWH, I learned that the "bypass valve" instruction in the generic FR motorhome manual applies only to tank type HWHs. With an on-demand HWH, you apparently just blow it out with compressed air like the other lines, opening both the HW and CW faucets, of course. Don't forget to add the propylene glycol ("non-toxic" pink antifreeze) to the traps and toilet bowls, and don't forget to blow out the indoor and outdoor shower heads (I also unscrew the shower head hoses, and after draining leave them unscrewed for the winter).

P.S: I don't know what the source of heat is in the barn, but I hope it's not affected by a power loss. We have a lot of them in NJ where I live.

Tags
berkshire, power cord