Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #1

Soon to be a Berkshire owner

Flying down to Tampa next week to pick up our new 2013 Berkshire 390RB-60. Will contact Lazydays tomorrow about this but was wondering can anyone tell me whether a sewer hookup kit (elbow and hose with bayonett connectors) is included by FR. Also what kind of shore power cord is included if any?
edgewant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #2
Director, FROG

I hope your Berkshire brings you years of great adventures. We certainly love ours.

Forest River doesn't include a sewer hose, but Lazydays might. The power cord is a permanently mounted 50-amp cord.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. We're moving up from a FR Rockwood 2011 8293RKSS. Really Like Forest River products. The Berkshire is a real deal.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #4

I bet you can get them to through in a nice upgrade hose. Mine came with a low end pos we use as a back up? Really I just haul it around for some season. Work them before you sigh.
Happy for you we love our 2011 and I'm sure you will love yours.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #5

Most dealers give you a starter kit that includes a sewer hose, water hose and some chemicals for the black tank. They are starter kits and are not great quality. Upgrade as soon as you can and get at least 20ft of high quality sewer hose (2-10ft sections) and all necessary couplings.

As Phil mentioned, If you have any negotating left to do, get them to include your choice of sewer hose, water hose, water pressure regulator from their parts dept. It will save you at least $60

The 50 amp electrical cord is wired into your coach. It's about 25ft and at some point you will realize that you need and extension of at least 25ft. At about $150 bucks for 25' to 30' see if they will throw one in.

We love our Berkshire and Forest River's warranty department has been great with any problems
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:43 AM   #6

Thanks to everyone.

I've got all of this from my travel trailer but since we're flying down to Tampa can't take it with me. Was just wondering what to expect when I got there.

Lazydays has been really good so far. Part of the negotiations included a roof mounted satellite dish. And since we're at a price point where I'm stunned anyway I didn't want to push it too far. They encourage all motorhome purchasers to spent at least one night at their campground to shake-down as many systems as possible so I got to believe they going to throw in most of it anyway.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #7

We purchased our Berk there last August.

Also had a Sanicon installed and works great.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #8

We bought our Berk there September of 2011 and was totally pleased with the process.... Can't say enough abt our Berk - LOVE IT!!!!!
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #9

we have the same coach you have and we love it. The dealer threw in a hose, but we rejoined camping world as a life member, great deal for vets, and got a good hose real cheap. We had some warranty issues, but Forest river and our dealer have met or exceeded all expectations so far. Good luck with the new coach.

3rd generation Disabled Veteran, oldest son is 4th Generation Disabled Veteran...its a family tradition.
Scokat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #10
410 QS 425 2011 Birkshire

Bought our BERKSHIRE in 2010 at LDs like it and them so much that we moved to Florida just down the road. Makes service fast and eazy.
malewis49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #11

Also Soon to Be a Berkshire Owner

We're picking up our Berkshire 390RB-40L March 1, 2013 or mid-next week in Sewell, NJ. Although I thoroughly understand the winterization process with a conventional HWH tank, the winterization instructions regarding the on-demand hot water heater in the generic Forest River Motorhome Manual are a bit vague (e.g: "open bypass"?). Any insight on this?
Hallen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #12

No not really. I haven't been too concerned about it cause mine is stored and I heat the barn when I need to. Sorry!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #13

Since my original post inquiring about winterizing an on-demand HWH, I learned that the "bypass valve" instruction in the generic FR motorhome manual applies only to tank type HWHs. With an on-demand HWH, you apparently just blow it out with compressed air like the other lines, opening both the HW and CW faucets, of course. Don't forget to add the propylene glycol ("non-toxic" pink antifreeze) to the traps and toilet bowls, and don't forget to blow out the indoor and outdoor shower heads (I also unscrew the shower head hoses, and after draining leave them unscrewed for the winter).

P.S: I don't know what the source of heat is in the barn, but I hope it's not affected by a power loss. We have a lot of them in NJ where I live.
Hallen01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire, power cord