Old 06-15-2012, 08:21 AM   #11
I just returned from our dealer for service and had was talking to the tech about the generator capacity and how this thread mentioned that it could handle 3 air conditioners. He agreed it could but said Forest River factory specifically said not to add a 3rd a/c or they would void the roof warranty. I dont know why - maybe due to the need for a vent. He said they had a customer with a damaged roof whose coach they sent to the factory for roof repairs which happened to have a 3rd a/c. The factory uninstalled the 3rd a/c and refused to reinstall it or else they wouldnt warranty the roof. They instead upgraded his front a/c to a larger unit. He said this wasnt his opinion but that the factor specifically said this to him. It might be worth investigating at least if considering it.

mjracsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #12
Motowood -

Which A/C unit did you use for your 3rd A/C (Make/Model)?

I also opted to replace the speakers - but went with 6.5" Morel's for a bit more
punch. I had the shop make some custom enclosures and wrap them in the same
vinyl as the ceiling - so they blend in nicely. I also added a Jensen 5 channel amp - it's not the best but was way cheap at $100 new from Jensen.

Next on my list...

- LED Lights under the slides - so we can see when camping
- Intercom - so I can yell at the kids in the back when I am driving
- Subwoofer for the front for a bit of bass while driving..

Stay Safe..

2011 Berkshire 390BH-60
Cummins ISB 360hp/800ft-lbs DEF
Allison 3000
amarzano is offline   Reply With Quote