Old 04-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #1

Still trying.......

..... to figure out the wiring of this coach. In the rearmost compartment on the drivers side is a COAX connector for park cable and a 110 V outlet.

That outlet has gone dead and I can't find a tripped circuit breaker; either GFI or the main breakers under the bed.

Also there is a 110 V plug right next to the socket, but it's not plugged in. Anyone know what that plug is supposed to power when plugged in?

Boowho??

Old 04-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I thought all outlets were gfci protected but may not have they actual out be a gfci outlet.
With that being said I have to wonder if you have either a loose connection on the back of the outlet in question or at the outlet that has the protection for it.

Pictures? Of outlet/outlets in question?

Turbs

Old 04-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #3

Not sure I can help with the outlet and where the GFCI may be popped, but the cord in there is for the engine block heater. My Berkshire is new from January and I had asked about this during the walk through with the dealer.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #4

Caputech is right, the cord with plug is for the engine block heater. The breakers for it are under the bed typically on the right side of panel. Can't remember if they are the last breakers on the far right or close to it. If not labelled reset them all. I'll bet that solves your problem. Lets us know how you make out.

The circuit may also seem "dead" as you would need to either need to have the gen running or have the coach plugged into power for that circuit to be "live"

James
Old 04-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #5

I have the same outlet/plug but mine is in the same compartment as the shore power.

I have not located where to put power to that outlet yet but I haven't checked under the bed.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #6

Block Heater

boowho

My block heater plugs into that outlet and it is controlled by a circuit breaker under the bed. It is on the right side and in my case it is the only white one in the panel. I have had it plugged in and powered up for close to a couple of years, and the heater is still working. I've been thinking of shutting it off the during the summer. The heater is 750 watts and I have attached a Freightliner Document that on page 2 tells us that, and not much else.

Good Luck
AREA51
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XCR0601-2008.pdf (180.4 KB, 28 views)
Old 04-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREA51 View Post
boowho

My block heater plugs into that outlet and it is controlled by a circuit breaker under the bed. It is on the right side and in my case it is the only white one in the panel. I have had it plugged in and powered up for close to a couple of years, and the heater is still working. I've been thinking of shutting it off the during the summer. The heater is 750 watts and I have attached a Freightliner Document that on page 2 tells us that, and not much else.

Good Luck
AREA51

Thanks to ALL that answered. I'll let ya know how it comes out.

Boowho??
Old 04-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
Future Berkshire Owner

If you leave it plugged in for 1/2 the time during a year, at 750 watts at 14 cents per kwh, that's over $400 per year for electricity. I'd unplug it unless its cold. Even then, maybe keep it unplugged unless you plan on using it and then plug it in a few hours before you go.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
If you leave it plugged in for 1/2 the time during a year, at 750 watts at 14 cents per kwh, that's over $400 per year for electricity. I'd unplug it unless its cold. Even then, maybe keep it unplugged unless you plan on using it and then plug it in a few hours before you go.

With proper anti-freeze I can't see a reason to ever plug it in unless you wanted to start a cold engine below around 25 degrees or so. That was the rule-of-thumb for the trucking outfits I drove for, anyhow.

I DID get it taken care of BTW.... The breaker under the bed was tripped in addition to the breaker on a six-outlet power strip I'd plugged into that outlet. Didn't even know the 6 way strip had a breaker in it!!

Boowho??