Old 10-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
Stop Engine and Check Engine Light

A few times since buying our 08 Berkshire, the Check Engine and Stop Engine lights will come on and chime and then within seconds, go off. I finally learned how to use the FR system to retrieve the codes but there were no listed. Today, while running the coach home from getting registered, the lights came on again. I was able to stop immediately and check but again, there were no codes listed. The engine, cooling and transmission diagnostics all show clear. What should I try next? The coach runs smoothly, perfect temp range, no loss of power...
Thanks all!

JBoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:55 PM   #2
I would suggest taking it it to your local Cummin dealer. In my opinion, they know these engines better than anyone else. Their shop rate may be slightly more than other heavy duty mechanics but there knowledge is well worth it.

lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:47 AM   #3
Have you checked the oil & coolant level? There is a sensor in the coolant tank and that could give you the check engine light.
2013 Berkshire 390BH / 360hp
EJM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
Thanks guys - I was just curious why the codes were not stored so that I could see what the engine was reporting - even if it was just for a few seconds.

I will check all the fluids again - always good advice...
JBoyer is offline   Reply With Quote