Old 04-29-2012, 12:30 AM   #11
I think your tender has circuitry to avoid overcharging. That will be my next purchase. Thanks

kingwood390bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #12
As far as I know, the maxum does charge the chassis batteries when you are plugged in. Have not had a problem starting after the coach sits idle for about 4 months but is plugged in.

Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #13
I'll look into the chasis charge. I have so many books, somtimes its easiest to consult you vets with my issues. The house batteries have a charge meter. I wish the chasis did.
kingwood390bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #14
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Here's what we do for our winter storage. I'm not saying this is the end all, but it does seem to work for us. We do have indoor, unheated winter storage with electrical hookup.

1. Before storing, we open up all awnings and slide toppers to dry them out before storage.
2. We remove all paper products, books, etc. Anything that could be a new home to little critters.
3. We fill up with both diesel and propane.
4. We add an algacide to the diesel tank to keep algae from growing in the fuel tank.
5. Our rig is stored on concrete, but we cover the entire area under the unit with plastic and park the tires on Advanteq.
6. With the air bags fully inflated, we put 12X12 blocks directly under the raised jacks. The clearance is just enough to get the blocks under the jacks. When the air bags are deflated the MH is resting on all six tires and all four jacks.
7. We put D-Con around the MH along with moth balls. We put dryer sheets in the storage bays along with pieces of Irish Spring soap. This is supposed to keep the critters out. (Note: This may be like the old line from Farmer 1: "I raise radishes to keep out the marmots." Farmer 2: "But there are no marmots around here." Farmer 1: "See, it works!")
8. Once a week I go to my storage area and open the garage door and start the rig and let it run for about 10 minutes.
9. I leave the rig plugged in, but both the coach and chassis batteries turned off. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad one, but so far we have had no ill effects.
10. I wait for the end of tax season and spring!

If you have any additions or other ideas, please let me know and we can add them to the list.
Good info. As for plugging it in do the batteries still charge ?

Pennie / Ron
2015 Sanibel 3901
Team Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote