Old 09-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Tireman9,
Dark and cloudy now but hopefully it will be nicer tomorrow (although the forecast is for cloudy and rain). The loading on the left front is 4830 lbs and the right front is 4510.
Tom
Also, Tireman...... I've been told that all tires on the same axle have the same pressure, regardless of the individual wheel weights. True or False?? Enquiring minds want to know.

Boowho??

P.S. "You da man" when it comes to tires. Your credentials are impressive. I also notice you are from Akron.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post
Also, Tireman...... I've been told that all tires on the same axle have the same pressure, regardless of the individual wheel weights. True or False?? Enquiring minds want to know.

Boowho??

P.S. "You da man" when it comes to tires. Your credentials are impressive. I also notice you are from Akron.
I was also under the same impression that Boo stated that tires on the same axle have the same pressure. If you could verify if this is true or if it is not it would be appreciated.

I also agree with Boo's statement about you being the tire expert here.
Thanks for your input.
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #13
Commercial Member

tmmar & boowho
Yes all tires on any axle should have the same inflation.
For motorhomes like immar's that would mean his minimum inflation should be capable of handling 4830.

For motorhomes, Look up your size in the tire mfg's load/infl table and find the inflation that is rated for 4830 or more. That would eb your MINIMUM cold inflation. I suggest you add about 10% to that so you don't have to mess with adjusting inflation when the ambient temp changes.
Don't exceed the rating for the wheels.

For multi axle TT I suggest you run the inflation molded on the tire. This will help decrease the internal structural loads that are trying to tear the tire apart.

Different loading dynamics need different solutions. Most of the published information is based on old single axle TT.

TT owners might want to read THIS post.

General info on Inflation HERE and HERE.

I write a blog on RV tire application and safety and give seminars on tires at RV events across the US. 40 years experience as tire design & quality engineer for major tire mfg. Freelander 23QB on Chevy chassis is my RV
RV Tire Safety Blog
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire