Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #21
Family Man with an RV
 
doctormdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64
Send a message via Skype™ to doctormdj
Quote:
Originally Posted by klucas View Post
This is funny. We will be in Bryce next week. I have a convention to be at in Anaheim so we decided to drive out there and visit Bryce and Zion On the way. After spending a few days in Anaheim we are going to sequoia and Yosemite parks. Then off to black canyon in gunnison colorado then colorado springs before heading home. We are staying at the Bryce Canyon pines. After our stay there I can let you know our thoughts.
Small world... we live 30 min south of Anaheim. There are a lot of great places here in Orange County and thew surrounding areas to stay too. If you want some tips.... say the word.

We stayed at Yosemite Pines RV Resort of there. Nice place with Full Hook ups but a bit dusty and somewhat far from the entrance to the park. Next time we go we think we will stay at the Thousand Trails up there.... It's closer to the park entrance. Great time a year to go as most of the falls are still running for a few more weeks. Thousand Trails - Getaways

We did Zion in February.... BEAUTIFUL! Ya certainly need several days to take it all in.

Where are you staying at in the black canyon and colorado springs?
__________________

__________________
doctormdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
klucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctormdj View Post

Small world... we live 30 min south of Anaheim. There are a lot of great places here in Orange County and thew surrounding areas to stay too. If you want some tips.... say the word.

We stayed at Yosemite Pines RV Resort of there. Nice place with Full Hook ups but a bit dusty and somewhat far from the entrance to the park. Next time we go we think we will stay at the Thousand Trails up there.... It's closer to the park entrance. Great time a year to go as most of the falls are still running for a few more weeks. Thousand Trails - Getaways

We did Zion in February.... BEAUTIFUL! Ya certainly need several days to take it all in.

Where are you staying at in the black canyon and colorado springs?
Yes any advice on what to do would be great. I have 3 kids so anything kid friendly . We are staying at the Anaheim rv resort as it is closest to my convention.

Black canyon we don't have reservations yet. We will just wing it in that area. Colorado Springs we are staying at the koa south of the city.
__________________

__________________
klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #23
Family Man with an RV
 
doctormdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64
Send a message via Skype™ to doctormdj
Quote:
Originally Posted by klucas View Post
Yes any advice on what to do would be great. I have 3 kids so anything kid friendly . We are staying at the Anaheim rv resort as it is closest to my convention.

Black canyon we don't have reservations yet. We will just wing it in that area. Colorado Springs we are staying at the koa south of the city.
Sure.... we have 3 kids as well... (Girls ages 4, 6 & 8) so this one will be easy. How old are your kids? First things first. Are you towing a car or going to rent one? Enterprise rental is great to do pick up over there.

Do you want to see the sites, the beach, have fun with the kids or go whale watching near Catalina Island. There is a ton to do. Give me some details on what your family likes and I'll give you some ideas and recommendations.

Jason
__________________
doctormdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
klucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctormdj View Post

Sure.... we have 3 kids as well... (Girls ages 4, 6 & 8) so this one will be easy. How old are your kids? First things first. Are you towing a car or going to rent one? Enterprise rental is great to do pick up over there.

Do you want to see the sites, the beach, have fun with the kids or go whale watching near Catalina Island. There is a ton to do. Give me some details on what your family likes and I'll give you some ideas and recommendations.

Jason
Kids from 15 to 2. So the whole spectrum. We will be staying away from Disney land(just not the same as Disney world) . We will have a toad with us. We are up for anything.
__________________
klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
wyo700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 892
We have one trip this weekend nothing big going to stay in Saratoga, wy at Saratoga lake from Thursday - Sunday. Then in July we are planning a week long trip through Idaho. First to lava hot springs for a couple of days then up to st Anthony Idaho to ride the sand dunes for a few days and the we will come back into Wyoming and stay at granite hot springs through the weekend. Hope all works out should be fun.
__________________
2012 Sandstorm 203slc
2013 Toyota Tundra
Eqil-l-izer hitch,Prodigy P3
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
GlacierGus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 454
Taking a "sabbatical" from work. Going to Alaska for 3 months. After the trip I'll work 9 to 12 months and then retire. I'll be doing some backpacking so I wanted to go while I was still healthy and reasonably fit.
__________________
2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2006 Dodge Durango Hemi 5.7
Equal-i-zer WDH
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #27
Family Man with an RV
 
doctormdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64
Send a message via Skype™ to doctormdj
Quote:
Originally Posted by klucas View Post
Kids from 15 to 2. So the whole spectrum. We will be staying away from Disney land(just not the same as Disney world) . We will have a toad with us. We are up for anything.
For that age group a great getaway with the toad is Legoland california. Great park and will take you about 1 hour to get there. It's an all day event but my kids love it. Official LEGOLAND California Site If your kids like parks like Disney, this one is pretty nice to do.

Second, a real treat is the Discovery Museum. Discovery Science Center in California - Orange County's Family Fun Science Center Very close to you. About 15 - 20 min drive. This is something the family can do while you are in the conference. My kids love coming back to this place all year long. Very educational something for everyone to do.

I also suggest heading down to the Beach. The closest one to you that is nice is Huntington Beach although I really like Dana Point Harbor. In Huntington Beach there are lots of shops... great walking and lot of fun. In Dana Point there are cruises to Catalina Island and Whale watching tours that are a lot of fun. If that sounds great, let me know... and I'll get you the details. That is a great thing to do in California.

Loads to do out here.

- Jason
__________________
doctormdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #28
Future Berkshire Owner
 
Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by klucas View Post

For Yellowstone check out grizzly rv park. It is in west Yellowstone Montana. It is one of the nicer campgrounds we have stayed at. Easy entrance in the west gate of Yellowstone. And the small town is great to visit after a day in the park. For Rushmore look at the koa there. It is right down the road from Rushmore np. If you have kids they will love the koa. But it is a good spot to base for Rushmore, Custer and crazy horse.
Loved Grizzly RV park!!
__________________
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #29
Future Berkshire Owner
 
Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 193
I've heard the Jellystone park in Estes Park is a lot of fun for kiddies. There are a lot of amenities, but its not cheap! I plan on going there some time this summer for a close to home vacation (about 3.5 hrs from my home).

I'm also available for opinions on things to do in Colorado--just PM me.

We already did our 'big' trip for the year. We got back from Branson yesterday. I couldn't get two weeks in a row off to do a longer trip until late July, but my wife will be about 27wks pregnant (with twin girls) by then so we don't think it'd be a good idea to travel at that time!! So, spring break next year will be Disneyworld!

Drive safely everyone.
__________________
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
klucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctormdj View Post

For that age group a great getaway with the toad is Legoland california. Great park and will take you about 1 hour to get there. It's an all day event but my kids love it. Official LEGOLAND California Site If your kids like parks like Disney, this one is pretty nice to do.

Second, a real treat is the Discovery Museum. Discovery Science Center in California - Orange County's Family Fun Science Center Very close to you. About 15 - 20 min drive. This is something the family can do while you are in the conference. My kids love coming back to this place all year long. Very educational something for everyone to do.

I also suggest heading down to the Beach. The closest one to you that is nice is Huntington Beach although I really like Dana Point Harbor. In Huntington Beach there are lots of shops... great walking and lot of fun. In Dana Point there are cruises to Catalina Island and Whale watching tours that are a lot of fun. If that sounds great, let me know... and I'll get you the details. That is a great thing to do in California.

Loads to do out here.

- Jason
Thanks for the ideas. We will defiantly check some of these out. Have a great time in Yellowstone. We spent a week there and it wasn't near enough time.
__________________

__________________
klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.