Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2016, 07:20 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
I would love one!!! Just can't get my head around $430!!! Haven't had one through 5 RVs.... hopefully my luck will hold out


Can't get your head around buying one a/c possibly two, one tv possibly two, microwave, fridge, converter, water heater, furnace ?


2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "10"
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:30 PM   #12
Member
 
Texas Realtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Argyle Texas
Posts: 88
They are well worth $$$ after I had a surge at 2:00am and woke up and saw sparks and arcing from my washer/ dryer area trying to start a fire i added one. A faulty elec campground box will get your attention.
__________________

__________________
Texas Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:39 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
RKNOLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Pearl River, Louisiana
Posts: 641
a portable surge protector will cost you about $200.00 and will tell you you HAD a problem... come see the fire!!
The EMS will STOP you from having the problem at the source of the electricity. Those you can find starting at $300.00 on up.
And if you have ever seen an RV fire, you will spend the extra $100.00 for your family to be safe.
__________________
Rick and Karen
2016 Berkshire 38A
2011 Honda CR-V toad FB
RKNOLA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:00 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
crunchman12001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Posts: 3,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
a portable surge protector will cost you about $200.00 and will tell you you HAD a problem... come see the fire!!
The EMS will STOP you from having the problem at the source of the electricity. Those you can find starting at $300.00 on up.
And if you have ever seen an RV fire, you will spend the extra $100.00 for your family to be safe.
Best explanation yet, preach it brother.!
__________________
2017 Salem Villa Estate 395RET-
2011 Coachmen Freedom Express 295RLDS- Sold
2015 F-250 FX4
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:04 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
Best explanation yet, preach it brother.!

Sister,and she can preach it.
__________________
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:09 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
crunchman12001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Posts: 3,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Sister,and she can preach it.
Lol, my bad. You go girl!
__________________
2017 Salem Villa Estate 395RET-
2011 Coachmen Freedom Express 295RLDS- Sold
2015 F-250 FX4
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:21 PM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Sister,and she can preach it.


NOW THATS FUNNY!


2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "10"
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:49 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
NMWildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 2,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Can't get your head around buying one a/c possibly two, one tv possibly two, microwave, fridge, converter, water heater, furnace ?


2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "10"
LOL!!! We've been retired about a year and 80% of our RVing is still boondocking. But now you have me more worried about the other 20%. And the DW has read this thread and just informed me that we are staying home from our next trip and using that $$$$ to buy an EMS. See what y'all done!!! Thanks
__________________
Scott and Liz - Southern NM
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL - w/level up (best option ever)
2007 Chevy 2500HD 4dr short bed Duramax w/allison
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:02 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
raspivey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brazoria County, Texas
Posts: 1,361
I just hardwired a 50A unit in mine. I love the remote readout. I also just put in 50A service at the house and it was really interesting to see the difference in voltage drop from just one extension cord on the previous setup. I lost 9V from that cord alone on the same load. I'm much less concerned about our (seemingly) weekly power fluctuations now. Good investment considering the control board on a refrigerator is over half the cost of the EMS.
__________________
2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ - HD tow package
2017 Rockwood 2703WS Emerald Edition
raspivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:07 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
LOL!!! We've been retired about a year and 80% of our RVing is still boondocking. But now you have me more worried about the other 20%. And the DW has read this thread and just informed me that we are staying home from our next trip and using that $$$$ to buy an EMS. See what y'all done!!! Thanks


Last year while in Nashville it was very hot and humid with a full park!
I was on 30 amp and down to 102 volts, had I not had my ems id have never known and quite possibly burnt the a/c up.


2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "10"
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.