Old 06-30-2016, 11:03 AM   #31

[QUOTE=TURBS;1244204]Last year while in Nashville it was very hot and humid with a full park!
I was on 30 amp and down to 102 volts, had I not had my ems id have never known and quite possibly burnt the a/c up.

That's what happened to me recently in CA, except my 30 Amp Progressive kept tripping the whole system on and off due to low voltage. Had to roll over to bypass until the power demand subsided. Then went back to the protector after the proper voltage returned.

Old 06-30-2016, 11:57 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
I would love one!!! Just can't get my head around $430!!! Haven't had one through 5 RVs.... hopefully my luck will hold out
One bad pedestal or a brownout while your A/C is on and that will be a $1,200 repair job.

Friend of mine had a surge at her camp - it took out her residential refer - $2,000 repair job.

The Progressive is just a physical insurance policy

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it

Now...if you want to get REALLY Paranoid, you should also invest in a Hughes Autoformer

https://hughesautoformers.com/

Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:33 PM   #33

[QUOTE=Wheels Down;1244588]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Last year while in Nashville it was very hot and humid with a full park!
I was on 30 amp and down to 102 volts, had I not had my ems id have never known and quite possibly burnt the a/c up.

That's what happened to me recently in CA, except my 30 Amp Progressive kept tripping the whole system on and off due to low voltage. Had to roll over to bypass until the power demand subsided. Then went back to the protector after the proper voltage returned.
I don't get the "Bypass your Low voltage Protection" why even have "Protection" if you are "NOT USE IT" when there is a know Problem? Sounds like Members need to Have and Use Generators at the "Low Power Campgrounds" if they also want to use their EMS systems as designed! Youroo!!
Old 06-30-2016, 01:13 PM   #34
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

[QUOTE=Wheels Down;1244588]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Last year while in Nashville it was very hot and humid with a full park!

I just dog boned up to the 50 amp circuit and was back up to 112v

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "10"
Old 06-30-2016, 01:21 PM   #35
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Staying here in Albuquerque, and pedestal had an open ground in the 50amp outlet. Informed the office and they came out and repaired. Said they would have never known of the problem if it wasn't for my EMS indicating there was a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 06-30-2016, 01:38 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Staying here in Albuquerque, and pedestal had an open ground in the 50amp outlet. Informed the office and they came out and repaired. Said they would have never known of the problem if it wasn't for my EMS indicating there was a problem.

Hey Tim!

How's the weather in NM? Are you out there on vacation?

If you have time ride the Sandia Tram - fabulous views and it is a little cooler at the Summit
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:44 PM   #37

Campground outside Savanna,Ga. I checked 4 sites with our 5.00$ tester before i found one that didn't show "Open Ground"! Told the C/G they said OK we will fix those use the Site that is OK! Later a High$$$ unit pulled on one of the "Bad Sites" next to us,I said they were wired wrong and he said I don't care I have a "EMS System in My Coach"! They leveled,deployed all the slides,put out the awning and sunscreens,THEN plugged in the 50A cord,waited for the EMS to go through its Test,about 3Min. when his Wife says "Hey We Have NO Power"! I sat and had a Drink while they "Relocated" to another Site! Youroo!!
Old 06-30-2016, 06:04 PM   #38
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Hey Tim!

How's the weather in NM? Are you out there on vacation?

If you have time ride the Sandia Tram - fabulous views and it is a little cooler at the Summit

It's warm, but not as hot as Wyoming or Moab. We did the tram last night and had dinner at the top. Was a good time. This campground has been the only one on our journey that we had any problem with, and that was fixed quickly!

Old 07-01-2016, 01:16 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
One bad pedestal or a brownout while your A/C is on and that will be a $1,200 repair job.

Friend of mine had a surge at her camp - it took out her residential refer - $2,000 repair job.

The Progressive is just a physical insurance policy

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it

Now...if you want to get REALLY Paranoid, you should also invest in a Hughes Autoformer

https://hughesautoformers.com/

I am one of those paranoid people, Bob. I LOVE the autoformer! Wired it up into the power bay. We don't ever dry camp, so I want to be able to take advantage of shore power when available.

Rich
Old 07-01-2016, 05:39 PM   #40

I have the Progressive ems50 (I believe that's the correct model number) and it has saved me a number of times. Last year were in a campground near Key West and it kept shutting down the power to my coach. Seems that the campground was having low power issues. I cost one camper his AC because his start solenoid burned out.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote