Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #21

sunshade

Ours deployed on our first long journey to the mid-west. We had to velcro strap it to keep it up for the rest of the trip. Forest River was very helpful when we called and it was repaired no questions asked. There must have been a faulty part that went in the 2010's.
mstevens107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:20 PM   #22
Jet

After resetting night shade it now beeps 3 times before it moves....it does work now but the sun shade only beeps once. Any thoughts appreciated
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #23

I don't recall a beep before or after the repair. Hope you get it figured out. Sorry we are no help.
mstevens107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:35 AM   #24

Apparently it's still a problem. My sun shade decided to go only down and not up. I had to zip tie it to keep it from falling down. Haven't ha it repaired yet. Will post again when the exact problem is better understood.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #25
2011 Berkshire 390bh

We had the opposite problem. We got to the campground and our shade wouldn't come down. Both switches seemed to be dead. We are scheduled for repairs next week, so we'll see if they do fix it. We are headed to the Maritimes on 7-15 so it better be fixed by then.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:27 PM   #26
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

Well I had my sunshade and nightshade replaced. Worked great at the dealer and 3 days into our 7 day trip. During a day drive I put the sunshade down. It went down to far and was in my line of sight. It would not go up. I has to hunch down for 200 miles to look beneath it.

Got to the campsite and held the reset button in while pushing the up button. The shade went up. I did not touch it the rest of the trip.

My question is there has to be a way to "train" the shade on how far to go down and up by holding the button on the Side of the shade. It beeps but I cannot figure out the complete process. Does anyone have the instructions on how to program the shade?
TaterColo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #27
marialee-Berkshire410qs

Contact FR Berkshire Warranty Dept. they should have spec sheet on shade. They can E-mail it to you.
marialee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:43 AM   #28
2011 Berkshire 390bh

We just got our rig back from the shop at Buffalo RV. Our issue was with the night shade. It wouldn't come down at all. Both switches were dead. When we got the unit back we see that they replaced both the night and the sun shade. The new sun shade goes all the way to the dash. Both shades have a red sticker on them warning about pulling on them as they are motorized. Apparently the service side is to totally replace everything in the shade units, including the shades themselves.

Tags
berkshire