Old 03-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJM4 View Post
Back to square one again...

I thought ours was fixed. We last used the coach in SC during Thanksgiving with no issues. Stuck it in the storage building for a couple of months. Made a run to Western Ohio this weekend. Used the fresh water tank and the water was cold! Could barely get warm water at best!

There has to be a better system. Frustrated!
Curious, didn't forget to close the bypass valve around the heater did ya? Or is there one? Otherwise think I'd about a Surburban/Atwood 10 gallon before someone freezes or gets burned!

Old 03-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #22

We have a 2013 Berkshire FL390 and cannot regulate the water temp when connected to city water. When we use the water pump it seems to work fine. We have 2 tankless water heaters in our house so I am ruling out operator error. Our coach was taken back to the factory from Fla to have an extensive punch list taken care of. Could it be a pressure regulating problem?

Old 03-12-2013, 01:18 AM   #23

We have a 2012 390BH-60. We live in Western Canada but even when we travel south, the water never seems to get really hot ... even with the cold water turned competely off.

THe high/low switch and thermostat that people are talking about .... where are they located and what should they be set to for the best chances at hot water?

Tim
Old 03-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #24
2013 Berkshire 390 BH-60

My temperature control knob is in the medicine cabinet in the bathroom.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #25
Future Berkshire Owner

Jersey Guy,

Do you have a tankless? I could be wrong but I didn't think tankless units had thermostats. The temperature is controlled by the rate of water flowing through the heater...higher water flow rates = lower temps, slower flow = higher temps.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #26
2013 Berkshire 390 BH-60

Yes to the tankless, it's not a thermostat per se, it's a temperature control knob. Low = warm water, Med.= warmer water, and Hi = hot water. This is what was explained to me during my PDI. I have not taken it out yet, first trip is in 2 weeks, then I will find out if I have any problems with mine.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #27

Hi Jersey Guy, In our 2013 there is a high/low switch located on the slide control panel above the sink across from the shower (FL390). We tried to use that to regulate the temp. No good. Still burns your Butt off, or freezes you out. I still think it may have something to do with the water pressure. Best of luck to you. Frank
Old 03-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankatp View Post
Hi Jersey Guy, In our 2013 there is a high/low switch located on the slide control panel above the sink across from the shower (FL390). We tried to use that to regulate the temp. No good. Still burns your Butt off, or freezes you out. I still think it may have something to do with the water pressure. Best of luck to you. Frank
I agree about the water pressure. I changed the shower head to a oxygenics and it made a difference. Also if you are having problems with it you can use the water from the fresh water tank and it is real good. We traveled across country last year some campgrounds were fine others with high or low water pressure we switch to the tank and had no problem. Good luck.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #29
Future Berkshire Owner

Hmmm. Going to have to look for that selector knob. As far as I know, mine only has a switch at the main control center -- auto or low. I run it on low whenever I'm far south...like Florida where the incoming water is already a balmy 80 degrees. Otherwise, yes you can get the water way too hot.

I have yet to install the bypass recall that was offered by Girard. It should allow the option of high or low on the switch once installed. Installation looks easy on the paper that came with the bypass, but there are 3 sensors that look like the one in the picture, so I'm not sure which one to bypass. I guess I just need to call them.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #30
2013 Berkshire 390 BH-60

Well, trying out mine for the first time yesterday and it didn't even come on! Made several calls and by-passed the lower hi temp sensor as it comes with 2. Still not sure if it's operating properly but it works for now as we are in SC.